Homebrew pokeCalcNTR for Pokemon Transporter - RNG Suite for GB to 3DS transfers

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokeCalcNTR for Pokemon Transporter - v0.4.0

Features as of v0.4.0

• Updated for Transporter version 1.5!
    • Thanks to wwwwwwzx for helping with the Pokemon offsets while I didn't have access to my console with a Bank subscription!
Download on PokemonRNG.com!

Keep in touch with us at The Official pokeCalcNTR Discord!

If you need help, please check out our Troubleshooting section!

Please download wwwwwwzx's 3DSRNGTool if you want to RNG with PCalc-Tport!

Current Key Combos
  • X+Up: Key Combo Menu
  • Start+Up: RNG Tools
  • Start+Left: Pokemon View
  • Start+Select: Pause Game
  • Pause+A: Unpause Game
  • Pause+Start: Unpause Game
  • Pause+Select: Advance One Frame
Troubleshooting
  • The plugin isn't working/doesn't load
    • Update NTR to 3.6
    • Update Pokemon Bank to the latest version
    • Update Pokemon Transporter to the latest version
    • Do not use Mode 3 NTR for Transporter
    • If the plugin doesn't load, reboot - this is common for non-extended memory plugins (like PCalcG6)
  • I pushed "A" and the game unpaused, but my battle didn't start/didn't press "A"
    • Make sure you hold down "A" instead of just tap it

Features
  • Multiple Menus and Views
    • X+Up for Menu, help, and features
    • Transporter Pokemon View
    • And RNG View!
  • RNG Tools!
    • View Initial Seeds
    • View Current Seeds
    • View Frames
    • Pause and Unpause the game Live
    • Frame Advance while paused
  • Stats Affected by Nature
  • IVs highlighted green or red depending on really high or really low stats
  • A Pokemon's PSV will be highlighted if it matches its TSV (meaning that it's a shiny Pokemon)
Please post screenshots In on The PokemonRNG Discord!

Notes
Installation

Guides

Credits
Thank you so much to our Patrons!

Admiral_Fish, Zep715, wwwwwwzx, Real96, and EzPzStreamz for helping the development get to where it is today, and the moderators of our community :)

Attachments

• pcalc-tport.zip
    30.2 KB · Views: 290
Last edited by zaksabeast,

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can only do ivs with this though will there poke pokecalcntr for the gen 1 vc games

With how Gen 1 RNG works, it'd be difficult even with a pokeCalcNTR for Gen 1. Also since there's hardly any Pokemon that can actually be shiny naturally in the game, things like nature are done with experience points (so rng isn't required), and anyone who does want a shiny Pokemon can use Zep's lua scripts on an emulator, then inject the save into their console, there's little reason anyways.

However, an IV, Nature, and shiny checker is something that would be good. I know when does exist, and that could be handy to check out and use with this. :)

Reactions: RustInPeace

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this doesn't work very well because you won't get the same delay every time it can take alot of trys to get it to work

Zak's guide acknowledges it, and since you can do it as many times as you want without soft resetting, it's at least a good tradeoff. I'm thinking this will work with Gen 2 VC coming next month, I hope so, shiny HA Ho-Oh/Lugia for the win.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Zak's guide acknowledges it, and since you can do it as many times as you want without soft resetting, it's at least a good tradeoff. I'm thinking this will work with Gen 2 VC coming next month, I hope so, shiny HA Ho-Oh/Lugia for the win.
hopefully they don't change shiny dvs in gs vc because i already got them shiny in my save

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this doesn't work very well because you won't get the same delay every time it can take alot of trys to get it to work

Saying 'this doesn't work well' doesn't really make sense considering the pokeCalcNTR plugin works great - Transporter's just has a variable delay based on network, unrelated to pokeCalcNTR.

However, the guide has plenty of ways around this, and like RustInPeace said, you have a quick and unlimited amount of times to try again.

Reactions: RustInPeace

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Saying 'this doesn't work well' doesn't really make sense considering the pokeCalcNTR plugin works great - Transporter's just has a variable delay based on network, unrelated to pokeCalcNTR.

However, the guide has plenty of ways around this, and like RustInPeace said, you have a quick and unlimited amount of times to try again.
not really quick since you need to wait for another frame that has the Pokemon 6 iv

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Did you even try? Zak wrote a great guide and if you can see, there is also a method to get everything at the first try. Look at my RNGs:

3PYTLti.png
QSV3oR9.jpg
TDPMVGU.jpg
hwzU7vX.jpg

Koroze23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@zaksabeast Hi, I'm trying to RNG from 1Gen! I have a 2DS with 11.5 firmware, 1.2 P.Transporter and the P.Bank at 1.3 and put the plugins in my SD. But pokeCalcNTR does not work, I've tried many times :( Can you help me figure out where I'm wrong?

Thank you very much and congratulations for great job :D

EDIT: Now it works, thank you very much :D Congratulations again!

Last edited by Koroze23,
Reactions: zaksabeast

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@zaksabeast Hi, I'm trying to RNG from 1Gen! I have a 2DS with 11.5 firmware, 1.2 P.Transporter and the P.Bank at 1.3 and put the plugins in my SD. But pokeCalcNTR does not work, I've tried many times :( Can you help me figure out where I'm wrong?

Thank you very much and congratulations for great job :D

EDIT: Now it works, thank you very much :D Congratulations again!

Thank you as well! :D I'm glad to hear it works and hope you can RNG some great Pokemon!

Reactions: Koroze23

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
my delays get 100s apart which is a problem tried the other method but the ivs are still wrong and i end up getting 300 off or 400 etc for example i did my delays 3 times and i got this
884 first two i got the same but the 3rd one is hundreds off

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Koroze23

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...