Pokebank and legal pokemon

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by HiruleLink, Dec 25, 2013.

1. HiruleLink
    OP

HiruleLink Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Italy
    Hi! I'm curious about the standars that Pokebank will use to see if a Pokemon is legal, in other words: how much can I modify a pokemon with Pokegen and not being caught cheating?

2. Crisp Cookie

Crisp Cookie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2013
    Belgium
    u can try a mix with legal pokemon and not legal in the day care

3. HiruleLink
    OP

HiruleLink Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Italy
    Of course I first breed from hacked, but if I want EVsing by pokegen? Or if I set that pokemon shiny? Today I saw a japanese dude in wi-fi with a shiny Latios and a shiny Suicine so I started thinking it's possibile

4. user64

user64 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    Canada
    I would assume that any legally possible pokemon would be allowed, that is, any pokemon that the game could naturally gen.

5. HiruleLink
    OP

HiruleLink Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Italy
    Do you know if there's a way in B/W to see if my pokemon would be accetted by the pokebank?

6. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    PID information is needed for legality of pokémon. Also a few things,
    Correct abilities, how to set up the offset if u wanna make a DW pkm , location of where it is caught, date (some pkm became unavailable due to DW closing so I don't know if it will have any effect) but it's a mention, pokeball (yes, not all pkm can be in cherish balls) and events.
    The correct moves, the IVs (31 iv is the max for any stat.) and Evs (255 for any stat for only 2 stats)

I recall, Pokécheck, being the only way to check if your pkm is legal or not.

7. Codr

Codr Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2010
    United States
    The most complicated aspect (note: made complicated by the community only) of making a Pokemon is the PID. Nintendo/GameFreak have never shown any indication that they care about this value, and have never checked it. I doubt they're going to start now. As such, it should be effortless, as always, to bypass their checks. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even check everything ELSE either. (The same way they didn't for the GTS.)

8. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    I hope they start checking that, but right now you can cheat / dupe in the games before so I bet with Pokebank 99% more Cheaters are Online in Battles.

So in short: I think cheating is still possible =/

9. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    If you can upload it to the GTS in B/W, you can upload it to Pokebank.

(Stuff that fails the GTS check can still get through Pokebank's checks. Pokebank's is worse!)

dot7z likes this.
  10. UltraMew

UltraMew GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    Flying a blue hedgehog around
    Wow, that easy. :D

11. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    So Trade Pokemon in Woundertrade get checked ? Because I feel like I get a pretty strong Duflor

12. tyons

tyons GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 11, 2012
    Italy
    shiny latioses can be legit and shiny suicunes have been distributed with an event for HGSS.
    cerca su google "RNG abuse".

13. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    沖縄県
    Illegal Pokemon?
    [​IMG]

14. RainThunder

RainThunder GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Hanoi
    Not at all. Since you can register Italian B2/W2 game on English Pokemon Global Link website, Italian HA Chimchar can be legitimately obtained. However, this is not likely to happen.

15. HiruleLink
    OP

HiruleLink Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Italy
    So of I modify a PKMN I caught or bred to have 6 stats 31 iv, max 510 EVs and I give him legit moves or HA would it be ok? And Shiny ones?

16. tyons

tyons GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 11, 2012
    Italy
    if it passes the legitimacy tests (like pokecheck's) I guess it can be put in the bank, too.

se passa i test di legittimità (tipo quello del pokecheck) immagino possa anche essere messo nella banca.

17. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Bad news, due to network issues with Eshop and server overload with Japanese players using the app, pokébank has now been delayed.

18. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    yeah read it on serebii :(
    waited so long and its delayed.......

19. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Its illegal.
    Reason why its cause it doesn't have that pentagon blue icon.

[​IMG]

Nintendo Online Infrastructure sucks ballz really hard. They delay every thing for Europe/USA. Get your shit together Nintendo ._.

20. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.

its sad, since we have to pay for this service (30 days free trial i get it) and it turns out the players money is not enough for pay the servers (nintendo keeping 99% of the moners of pokemon bank for themselves)