Mic_128

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smashboards.com
XP
Country
I know it's piosible to upload sav files from real DS games, but I'm wondering if you can stick a sav file back into a cart. I've been playing HG and want to pick it up, but don't like the idea of having to start all over again frmo scratch. Is this possible to do?

If this isn't the right room, my apologies.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mic_128 said:
I know it's piosible to upload sav files from real DS games, but I'm wondering if you can stick a sav file back into a cart. I've been playing HG and want to pick it up, but don't like the idea of having to start all over again frmo scratch. Is this possible to do?

If this isn't the right room, my apologies.

Yes, it's possible with a flashcart and the right homebrew app.

QUOTE(DeMoN @ Mar 17 2010, 12:02 AM) No, not unless you have this tool: http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...ter-p-2815.html
Note, I'm not endorsing you to buy from that site, as I heard it's really shady.

That's one of the more expensive ways to go about doing that. You could just use a 15 dollar flashcart to backup and restore saves, while also being about to play roms and do other things.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
No, not unless you have this tool: http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...ter-p-2815.html
Note, I'm not endorsing you to buy from that site, as I heard it's really shady.

I've ordered from that site, and they seem perfectly reliable. They're even listed on the front page of GBAtemp as a recommended store. If you look at the reviews of the store here:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Console_Source

It seems to have a very good reputation overall, with the odd sour grape thrown in (but that's the deal with pretty much any internet opinion site).

QUOTE(DeltaBurnt @ Mar 17 2010, 02:03 AM) Yes, it's possible with a flashcart and the right homebrew app.

Have you actually tried on HeartGold or SoulSilver? The new carts have a different architecture or something... no homebrew app is currently able to backup or restore their saves. Right now, the NDS Backup Adapter Plus is the only way to do it.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
DeltaBurnt said:

Have you actually tried on HeartGold or SoulSilver? The new carts have a different architecture or something... no homebrew app is currently able to backup or restore their saves. Right now, the NDS Backup Adapter Plus is the only way to do it.

How about the new wood dumper for either slot-1 or slot-2? I don't own the game so I can't try it with either of these games, but I'm curious of you've tried it.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sir VG said:
TM2-Megatron said:
DeltaBurnt said:

How about the new wood dumper for either slot-1 or slot-2? I don't own the game so I can't try it with either of these games, but I'm curious of you've tried it.

Isn't the wood dumper only for ROMs? The current homebrew can already dump the Hg/Ss ROM. We're just talking about the saved data.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
That's one of the more expensive ways to go about doing that. You could just use a 15 dollar flashcart to backup and restore saves, while also being about to play roms and do other things.
QUOTE(bwillb @ Mar 17 2010, 01:04 AM) ez flash 3 in 1 with a proper slot1 sdhc card makes it a breeze
No and no. HGSS is different. That is all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1