POKAYMANS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ceraphis, May 7, 2007.

May 7, 2007

POKAYMANS by ceraphis at 2:29 AM (766 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ceraphis
    OP

Member ceraphis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just had to post this. Ya know, I love the pokaymans, and I've playeds about 60 hours since it came out but I really REALLY don't understand the desire to post topic after topic asking the same old tired questions, I don't even understand why there are any questions in the first place. I've seen maybe one intelligent question that actually got my brain thinking since its release. I swear, I'm REALLY not trolling, I just don't honestly understand what is so HARD about this game, or pokesav, or gba linkage, that deserves more than one single topic devoted to it. I haven't used pokesav, and probably never will because I assume it will ruin the game for me, but after taking one single curious look, it made complete sense to me. Am I just the only one who understands it? Am I too old (21) to be playing pokemon in the first place?

I'm trying desperately hard to say all this in as nice a way as possible, and don't really know if there's any answer, nor do I really know if I care. It's more like a monologue in a play I suppose. It just boggles my mind incessantly why my google reader has been chock full of "pokemon diamond", "how to use pokesav?!?" and "GBA LINKARGE POSSIBLE WITHOUT BUYING GAME????", and I really wish I understood why.

Is it that people don't know how to use that dreaded search button? Is it that we as humans by default want others to do work for us, no matter how easy said work would be to do by ourselves by simply taking a few minutes, nay, SECONDS to browse the other 1500 topics on pokemon before hitting that "new topic" button?

I'm really not trying to start a flame war. I just wish I knew why exactly people find certain aspects of the game so challenging or hard to understand, aside from the obvious "catch this type, stop using two of that type, in order to be better at combating the other type" mentality.

Any thoughts?

2. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    for god sakes, not another pokemon thread....

[​IMG]

Anywho, I'm going to pin the official pokemon thread and a pokesave thread of some sort. If anyone makes any other threads they're getting trashed.

Too much clutter.

3. ceraphis
    OP

United States
    Amen I say

4. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    There we go. Official pokemon thread was already pinned but I pinned three pokesav threads in the hacking & translation forum.

5. Kyoji

Member Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

United States
    Welcome to the Internet.

6. serg0

Member serg0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Amen ceraphis, amen. I got all my questions answered by looking at faqs and using the search button, it's not that hard. [​IMG]

7. ceraphis
    OP

United States
    @unrelated

lol kyoji @ ur sig [​IMG]

that reminds me: how doez I access pal park w/o a gba cartz lolol

8. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The number of threads complaining about pokemon are growing by the day. The orginal poster mentioned whats the point in all the threads containing the same questions while hes doing the same thing.. Well should i go ahead and make a new thread and complain about the people who complain about pokemon threads [​IMG] Lets all just post in the pokemon topics and not make anymore thats my view on it. Then everybody will stay happy.