ROM Hack Pokésav - The Complete Guide!

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.pokesav.org

I have released my comprehensive Pokesav documentation at the above site. Included is an FAQ, a download link to version 0.39, a run-down of every single feature of Pokesav, as well as the coordinates of many important locations in game (thanks to fernando2 for that information).

To avoid legal troubles, I did not mention any "shady" methods of save backup in the guide, but we all know you can just copy a Pokemon ROM to a memory card and save once to obtain a suitable file to edit with Pokesav.
wink.gif

If you spot any mistakes (I haven't proofread it much, heh), even minor ones, feel free to mention them here!

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should include the two GUI modifications that were released on this board.

And for god's sake don't put all the information on a single page.

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And for god's sake don't put all the information on a single page.
You're right, I shouldn't, but the filehost only allows one page. Though it IS better than a text FAQ.

I will try to get the GUI mods and upload them to Filefront to put on the site. But maybe not tonight, it is getting late.
happy.gif

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Urza, I added your UI mod (with full credit of course) but I won't host anything else unless the mod's author gives me permission.
wink.gif

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Give me a break, I know everything else, I've just not messed with the mystery gift stuff.
frown.gif
I'll definately add it.

That's the only thing currently missing from the guide, besides the read/write BBME-IF which I think has no relevance in an English guide.

EDIT: From what I understand currently:
*The checkbox "enable mystery gift" is just the eqivilant of talking to the Jubilife city dude.
*The wonder card IDs are a list of wonder cards you've already recieved. Each wonder card has a unique ID. Once you get a card, it's impossible to recieve it again.
*A mystery gift can corrospond to a wonder card.

However, I still don't understand the "version to share with" section under Wonder Card, the Card Icons, and what the "Rule" Gift Type does.

Though I'd better get writing.

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
*Okay, Mystery Gift Edit section was added just now. Tested in FireFox, IE, and Safari.
wink.gif

As I said I am prone to errors, please correct me if I made a mistake.
yaynds.gif

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Urza - Again, I want to stay away from legal trouble. Plus by encouraging the use of ROMs for saves, I'm violating the terms and conditions of my web host (I'm already testing the water, the web host clearly says "no hacking sites" but I'm sure hacking Pokemon does not really fall into that category).

For the hacked Pokemon part, I was mainly talking about the GTS and PBR, where there are limits. Since I also hate online cheaters, that was also used as a deterrent. Remember that the guide encourages the use of hacking as long as the hacked Pokemon are possible within the ingame boundaries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg