Pokémon X/Y on 3DSLink Flashcard

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xSleepwalker, Sep 17, 2014.

1. xSleepwalker
    OP

xSleepwalker Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2014
    Italy
    Hi, I recently bought a 3DS Link and I'd like to play Pokémon X/Y, but when I try to play the game, it crashes with no reason. Is there ANY way to play it on my 3DS Link?

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    nope....the video the clones put out of it launching was just to mislead people into thinking it playable.....truth is, you can inject a save, and it will load the save, but you cannot actually ever save the game

3. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    It says this on their website

"Attention: this patch still does not work for pokemon X/Y, because the save is too large."

BestR4i3DS.com likes this.
  4. BestR4i3DS.com

BestR4i3DS.com GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    United States
    that's right, currently 3DSLink and R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe still can't work for pokemon X/Y,
    so, if you don't have pokemon X/Y , or want to use flashcart to play it,
    you'd better buy Gateway 3DS or MT Card, of course the 2 cards will be a little expensive

tjexp likes this.
  5. xSleepwalker
    OP

xSleepwalker Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2014
    Italy
    Ok, I did some researches and figured out that I still can't play Pokémon X/Y.
    Anyway, I tried the patch for card2 games that i found on the 3DS Link website on Animal Crossing New Leaf, I tried the game but it won't save me any file.
    So, which card2 games are compatible with 3DS Link? Is there any compatibility list or something?

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    just some VC games

7. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Pokemon X and Y do work on R4i and 3DSLink if you inject a save into it, and then just continue through the game without saving. If you want to experience the story, that's a reasonable way of doing it.

8. alexenochs
    This message by alexenochs has been removed from public view by Densetsu, Oct 22, 2014, Reason: No advertising.
    Sep 18, 2014
  9. andibad

andibad Soon™

Sep 14, 2009
    Indonesia
    hospital
  10. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
  11. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    For several reasons.

People in countries where GW's are wayy to expensive for them like to buy cheaper alternatives.
    Previous customers of the R4i team over the years believe them and their lies.
    People as a whole like cheaper things that are bargains (sometimes this is good, but not in this situation).
    It says the word "Deluxe" on it so it must be the best out of them all right?
    Did I mention it's only $40? Those Gateway bastards must be thieves charging $80 for virtually the same thing!
    Lies like the pokemon XY video they posted convince people to buy.

12. alexenochs

alexenochs GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    yeah i understand that but people making a purchase like this should actually do some research on what each card is capable of and not just go OH THIS IS WAY CHEAPER gateway does have a higher build quality although still pretty crap however its capable of doing much more than the r4 deluxe and 3ds link and the mt card people just need to do more searching and less OMG ITS CHEAPER

13. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Simply by the fact that we still get about 2 people a week asking if their latest firmware consoles are compatible with 3ds flashcards, people don't do thorough research as it's too tedious or they are looking in the wrong places.