Pokémon X & Y cries rip???

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Reshiram_Addict, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Reshiram_Addict
    OP

Reshiram_Addict Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2011
    United States
    not sure if this is the right place to post this... has anybody ripped all the cries from Pokémon X & Y??? if so, where can I download them??? or sound ripping myself...

2. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Not sure that's something that could be shared here if they was ripped since there copyrighted but I have heard they have been picking apart the roms so they may be out there

3. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    An audio extraction tool is not likely to be available until the encryption on ROMs be reverse engineered.

You can use the audio jack to record sounds that way to your PC.

4. Reshiram_Addict
    OP

Reshiram_Addict Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2011
    United States
    any way to turn off the music but keep SFX???

5. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    Have you tried the ingame menu options and see if you can turn off the BGM?

6. Zeliga

Zeliga One step closer.

Sep 28, 2013
    Kalos
    I dont think so, Not yet I think..

7. tvoretz

tvoretz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2011
    United States
    I don't have X/Y yet, but previous generations of Pokemon games have a feature in the Pokedex that plays a Pokemon's cry with no background music.

8. Reshiram_Addict
    OP

Reshiram_Addict Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2011
    United States
    well X & Y plays background music in the PokéDex!!!

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    In that case there's nothing you can do but wait. However if you can record the music without any other sounds, you could probably use some tool to subtract the music from the cries afterwards but sound quality would probably be heavily reduced.

10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    More audio hacking huh Reshiram_Addict?

As others said the 3ds ROMs have not been decrypted yet, I have no ETA on that happening either. This pretty much leaves line out ripping as your main option.
    If as you say there is background music at the time of the cries you want to rip you have basically two options.

Noise cancellation.
    Some electrical madness that I am not sure you can even do (you could do it on older systems, not sure what the 3ds has for audio here unless you want to get really crazy).

Noise cancellation then, I hope the timer is more accurate than the one on the DS. The idea behind sounds are if you play the inverted sound (inversion filters are available in audio editors like audacity) then it will cancel out the sound in question. If your sound consists of background music plus cry then playing the inverted background music that is synced up to the initial capture will strip the background sounds.
    Given however many hundred mons there are there and that you might not have a completed pokedex then you are in for a fun time. Doubly so for when someone gets access to the sounds proper your work will be rendered pointless.

I could see going to this effort for background audio tracks but this is just a lot of effort for just a few cries.

11. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Surely there's a place in the game that plays no background music? You can go there and open your Pokédex there.

12. Reshiram_Addict
    This message by Reshiram_Addict has been removed from public view by FIX94, Nov 3, 2013, Reason: -.
    Nov 3, 2013
  13. Hells Malice
    This message by Hells Malice has been removed from public view by FIX94, Nov 3, 2013, Reason: -.
    Nov 3, 2013
  14. MelonBread

MelonBread Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2013

Yes there is. In route 14, there's a ''spooky'' house and when inside, no music plays.
    So you can go there and record your pokemon cries.

IronClouds and Dartz150 like this.
  15. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Right! I knew there was a place... I vaguely remembered there being one... I just didn't know where.