Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon: Fully-Featured Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon ROM Hacks!

Project Pokémon OP
GBATemp OP
PokéCommunity OP
Reddit /r/3dshacks OP

MtDlBs3.png
7t3daVO.png

ROM hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)

Pokémon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire hacks and my Nova Sun & Umbra Moon hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers' teams has a a proper moveset and many are holding items. The Elite Four and Champion are Level 100, and the player doesn't need to grind to equal that!

Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's secondary focus is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's "20XX Hack Pack" which is designed to improve competitive players' ability to practice and grind. In Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's Legit Build, everything obtainable is 100% legal and legitimate for real online battles or trades. In all Builds, some features are designed to make preparing competitive teams much less of a hassle. Competitive hold items are much more available, a 6IV Ditto is available through an in-game trade (holding a Destiny Knot), Eggs hatch in one cycle, and Level 100 Memento Blissey battles are available in the Battle Buffet once the main story has been beaten.​

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Dysproh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dio, in the intro cutscene,
the one with Lillie running from the Aether Foundation
the logo for the game still says Ultra Sun (haven't checked Penumbra Moon)

Is this a thing that cannot be easily fixed, or is the cutscene rendered in real time with actual images?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We've been having fun as is with a dual Soul link kind of stream :D

Hey Dio, in the intro cutscene,
the one with Lillie running from the Aether Foundation
the logo for the game still says Ultra Sun (haven't checked Penumbra Moon)

Is this a thing that cannot be easily fixed, or is the cutscene rendered in real time with actual images?
We're still not sure where that texture is stored.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there an easy way to tweak 'mart stock? I want to add in the remaining Pokeball types so I can buy them as I go instead of hacking them in.

Other than that, thank you for all of your hard work. I've been playing your hacks since Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire came out and they make Pokemon feel like I always thought it should.
The pokeballs are in Hau'oli and Route 2 center, so you can get them pretty easily.

Prof. Eibe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I found a bug last night with the special event Rockruff.
Between 5 and 6 o´clock it should evolve to Twilight Lycanrock und Ultra Moon, but this does not happen.
Outside this timeframe it evolves to it´s Nightform, but in this frame nothing happens. I had to disable the patch to evolve it and than enable it again.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a bug last night with the special event Rockruff.
Between 5 and 6 o´clock it should evolve to Twilight Lycanrock und Ultra Moon, but this does not happen.
Outside this timeframe it evolves to it´s Nightform, but in this frame nothing happens. I had to disable the patch to evolve it and than enable it again.
Own Tempo Rockruff evolves using the Dusk Stone in this mod instead of being locked to a 1 hour window.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg that Octillery trainer is back and still a load of BS. Hate hate hate it, it always manages to get Freeze hax and it's special defense/defense always conveniently rises against the right opponent. Thank god I had Malamar for this run

..oh you did it twice in one route. I hate you lmao

Last edited by kidisnice87,
Reactions: Dio Vento

Dysproh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have a capture card so I was going to switch over to citra but this:

```
Do you intend to use this ROM in the Citra Emulator? [Y/N]Y
Patching code.bin to remove the outline effect.
The system cannot find the path specified.
Building a 3DS file. Please wait.
.Net 3DS Toolkit v1.4.1
Building as decrypted CCI...
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.IOException: NCCH header not found. This can happen if you extracted a CXI and are trying to rebuild a decrypted CCI. Try building as a key-0 encrypted CCI instead. Path of missing header: "C:\Users\[name]\Downloads\Supernova_Sun_Expanded\Extra_Files\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH.bin".
at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_74_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_75_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at ToolkitConsole.Module1.Main()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.IO.IOException: NCCH header not found. This can happen if you extracted a CXI and are trying to rebuild a decrypted CCI. Try building as a key-0 encrypted CCI instead. Path of missing header: "C:\Users\[name]\Downloads\Supernova_Sun_Expanded\Extra_Files\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH.bin".
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_75_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()<---

Rebuild as .3DS complete! Use Godmode9 to re-encrypt the file if you want to use it on a Gateway flashcart.
Press any key to continue . . .
```
happens when I try to rebuild as a .3ds

Last edited by Dysproh,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have a capture card so I was going to switch over to citra but this:

```
Do you intend to use this ROM in the Citra Emulator? [Y/N]Y
Patching code.bin to remove the outline effect.
The system cannot find the path specified.
Building a 3DS file. Please wait.
.Net 3DS Toolkit v1.4.1
Building as decrypted CCI...
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.IOException: NCCH header not found. This can happen if you extracted a CXI and are trying to rebuild a decrypted CCI. Try building as a key-0 encrypted CCI instead. Path of missing header: "C:\Users\[name]\Downloads\Supernova_Sun_Expanded\Extra_Files\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH.bin".
at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_75_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at ToolkitConsole.Module1.Main()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.IO.IOException: NCCH header not found. This can happen if you extracted a CXI and are trying to rebuild a decrypted CCI. Try building as a key-0 encrypted CCI instead. Path of missing header: "C:\Users\[name]\Downloads\Supernova_Sun_Expanded\Extra_Files\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH.bin".
at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_75_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()<---

Rebuild as .3DS complete! Use Godmode9 to re-encrypt the file if you want to use it on a Gateway flashcart.
Press any key to continue . . .
```
happens when I try to rebuild as a .3ds
Sounds like you don't have a properly decrypted base ROM.

Eques

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you give a better overview where to get all the Pokémon in expanded build? I don't want to miss a good mon for my Team but I also don't want to search through every Patch of Grass in the game or your txt-file. It would help to have a list of mons available on each island. Would also be good to mention if some requirements have to be reached, like be able to surf or fish. Please I need this fast to start enjoying your Mod!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are traded Pokemon usable? Will they still obey despite the level curve?
No.
Can you give a better overview where to get all the Pokémon in expanded build? I don't want to miss a good mon for my Team but I also don't want to search through every Patch of Grass in the game or your txt-file. It would help to have a list of mons available on each island. Would also be good to mention if some requirements have to be reached, like be able to surf or fish. Please I need this fast to start enjoying your Mod!
Soon™

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are traded Pokemon usable? Will they still obey despite the level curve?
Just create an egg and trade it to your save. Or since you're modding anyway, just give them your OT. I'm gonna do this on a replay so I can finally use an Alohan Vulpix, since by time I get to the third island I'm usually too attached to my team to make replacements.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that 6IV Ditto wouldn't be able to battle?
It can battle, just like any other Pokémon. It doesn't have its Hidden Ability, so it wouldn't be very good.
Oh wait, you were talking about since it's traded. Yeah it would pretty quickly outstrip the controllable level. The trade EXP bonus is very overpowered anyway, so I don't have a problem limiting the use of traded Pokémon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs