ROM Hack Pokémon Spirit Gold: a small request

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't really like how the starters are replaced with the Hoenn starters. Would it be possible for someone (maybe even Drayano himself) to make a hack that restores the Johto starters, and edits Silver's teams accordingly? I tried doing it myself, but well... I wouldn't be asking here if I pulled it off, would I?

I know I don't have much to offer in return, but I would be really grateful if someone could do this for me.

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dann Woolf said:
I don't really like how the starters are replaced with the Hoenn starters. Would it be possible for someone (maybe even Drayano himself) to make a hack that restores the Johto starters, and edits Silver's teams accordingly? I tried doing it myself, but well... I wouldn't be asking here if I pulled it off, would I?

I know I don't have much to offer in return, but I would be really grateful if someone could do this for me.

I dunno how to do that but maybe this site have the tools for you?
www.projectpokemon.org
Suc6 hollander
tongue.gif

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like I said I tracked down different tools and took a shot at it, but it didn't go as planned.

I'm going to take another shot at it.

EDIT: OK, I thought I had done it right, but the starters are still the Hoenn starters. I don't know what I did wrong, but I'm clearly way out of my league here, so I'm left hoping that someone else will be kind enough to do this for me.

Drayano

Trophies
XP
Country
This is one of those things I was thinking of doing when I get back to doing SG :x

You need to open the ARM9 file of it, then change the FC 00 00 00 FF 00 00 00 02 01 00 00 string back to 98 00 00 00 9B 00 00 00 9E 00 00 00. There might be more 0s in between each though, but searching something like 'FC 00 00 00' is probably enough.

Then just save it and make sure it's back in the rom somehow.

Drayano

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I originally had plans for allowing people to choose from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh starters, but that kind of fell through when I screwed something up badly and had to trash the whole project ;x

I dunno, I'm not sure if it's a bad thing or not.

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Drayano said:
Well I originally had plans for allowing people to choose from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh starters, but that kind of fell through when I screwed something up badly and had to trash the whole project ;x

I dunno, I'm not sure if it's a bad thing or not.

You could have made four separate versions for each set of starters, but that might be too much work. I don't know, because as you've probably ascertained I'm no ROM hacking expert.

Also, that thing you suggested with the ARM9 file wouldn't edit Silver's teams. Also also, hex editing makes my brain hurt.

Drayano

Trophies
XP
Country
I could have, yes, and I was intending to before half the upgraded version of the hack came crashing around my ears.

Yeah there's quite a lot you have to change for it to all work properly unfortunately due to the way the script runs in HGSS. Sorry :x

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Drayano said:
I could have, yes, and I was intending to before half the upgraded version of the hack came crashing around my ears.

Yeah there's quite a lot you have to change for it to all work properly unfortunately due to the way the script runs in HGSS. Sorry :x

Oh. Well, shit. Guess I'll just have to live with having the Hoenn starters.

Thanks anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality