machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thela_kid said:
machomuu said:
If you've been reading this thread at all you'd know it's not at all pointless.

I didn't assume that. Nor did I imply it. I merely implied that you should reread the thread and correct your logic accordingly.

You stated that if I had read it (which I did), I would have understood it as not pointless. Seeing as I did find it pointless, you then insinuated that I did not read it. Perhaps it is your logic, and quite frankly your communication skills, that need recalibrating, Mr. Parrot
rolleyes.gif
. Have a nice day
yay.gif
Well clearly you don't understand, so apparently you didn't do it.

Of course, I doubt you will. See, it's not my communications skills that need work, it's that I don't feel like explaining something that('s) [should be] pretty obvious.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was hoping for a pokemon 5th gen 3d game like the first one on the wii well this blows smoke out of the water...

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
thela_kid said:
machomuu said:

I didn't assume that. Nor did I imply it. I merely implied that you should reread the thread and correct your logic accordingly.

You stated that if I had read it (which I did), I would have understood it as not pointless. Seeing as I did find it pointless, you then insinuated that I did not read it. Perhaps it is your logic, and quite frankly your communication skills, that need recalibrating, Mr. Parrot
rolleyes.gif
. Have a nice day
yay.gif
The smaller text makes it a bit hard to notice. The text being quoted, bolded, and enlarged attracts more attention and of course informs those who are reading so that more posts about it not being shocking do not appear.
It's kinda easy to understood if you're reading through the thread. "Shocking announcement" was mistranslated and people are upset because it wasn't so... shocking. Machomuu's post just makes it a bit more clear for those who like to just skim through threads or just not read posts that don't interest them.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
thela_kid said:
machomuu said:

rolleyes.gif
. Have a nice day
yay.gif
The smaller text makes it a bit hard to notice. The text being quoted, bolded, and enlarged attracts more attention and of course informs those who are reading so that more posts about it not being shocking do not appear.
Yeah, you hit the nail right on the head.

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:

Oh I guess that makes sense. I didn't understand because I read the thread and already read that post, so I felt that it was unnecessary. But then again there ARE people like Mr. Parrot that just skim through threads without reading them and assuming everybody else does the same because of their "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" complex
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thela_kid said:
Nebz said:

Oh I guess that makes sense. I didn't understand because I read the thread and already read that post, so I felt that it was unnecessary. But then again there ARE people like Mr. Parrot that just skim through threads without reading them and assuming everybody else does the same because of their "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" complex
smile.gif
Yeah, well you should know that I don't do that, just for future reference
wink.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
No, it was a pointless quote. Anybody that goes to a news thread and doesn't actually read the news is wasting their time --and they're kind of silly.
The thing is the news nor the OP actually says it.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Uncle FEFL said:
No, it was a pointless quote. Anybody that goes to a news thread and doesn't actually read the news is wasting their time --and they're kind of silly.
You're telling me that a reader can't read the third post in a topic?

And I don't know about you, but posts often have a lot of new information as well. In a NEWS topic, it would be wise to read everything. Unless it's over ten pages, in which case looking for posts with a larger amount of text may be more helpful.

EDIT: Not to mention this entire page is useless, and you posted only a few posts after jan77.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
machomuu said:
Uncle FEFL said:

And I don't know about you, but posts often have a lot of new information as well. In a NEWS topic, it would be wise to read everything. Unless it's over ten pages, in which case looking for posts with a larger amount of text may be more helpful.
Not that they can't, but that they won't. I've seen it happen many times. Too many, if you ask me.

Probably should've waited until there were more posts, though.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Uncle FEFL said:
machomuu said:
Uncle FEFL said:

Not that they can't, but that they won't. I've seen it happen many times. Too many, if you ask me.

It might be best to let the silly people figure it out for themselves then, eh?

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Ladies, ladies. People will read posts if they want to. You shouldn't go around quoting a post just to bold/make it bigger, without even adding any input of your own. It makes you look like a post-count spammed, idiot, and it makes the other person's post you quoted useless.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
machomuu said:
Uncle FEFL said:
machomuu said:
Uncle FEFL said:

It might be best to let the silly people figure it out for themselves then, eh?
Yeah, I guess you're right about that. It's bound to happen anyway.
QUOTE(TDWP FTW @ Sep 17 2011, 11:45 PM)
Ladies, ladies. People will read posts if they want to. You shouldn't go around quoting a post just to bold/make it bigger, without even adding any input of your own. It makes you look like a post-count spammed, idiot, and it makes the other person's post you quoted useless.
I think this is the first time I've done it outside of EoF, mainly because most posts that do it get deleted and I mostly never need to, and- who are you calling a lady!?

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
You can't call me a lady when:
-All three of us are male
-You basically said what I said

Gosh, pal. :trollface:

QUOTE(machomuu @ Sep 17 2011, 08:46 PM) It's bound to happen anyway.
Yeah...

So, onto a similar topic, I hope a new Pokemon gets announced soon! Well, as long as I have the money for it. :/

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there is still the possibility of Iwata (or someone, I forgot who, I don't think it was Iwata) announcing the game. It was stated somewhere, though they later said it was unlikely.

D

Deleted-236924

OP
I think that machomuu's quote was necessary, seeing that everyone was still complaining about this not being a shocking announcement even when it already had been said multiple times that it was a mistranslation.

D

Deleted-236924

OP
DarkShadow96 said:
Pointless Mewtwo because you can tutor those moves >___>...(dunno bout Psystrike tho)
Psystrike is learned at Lv. 100.

Plus, Mewtwo was not available in Gen V, as far as I know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn