Pokémon Rumble Blast

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by donelwero, Dec 13, 2011.

Dec 13, 2011

Pokémon Rumble Blast by donelwero at 6:46 AM (799 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. donelwero
    OP

Member donelwero GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Hi. Im really interested in this game, but I'm interested too in Ace combat and I dont have money to buy the two of them. So, I was looking for someone with experience in Rumble Blast to tell me if the game is any good. I tried lookin for reviews but all of them were too short and never explained how the game feels.

Is it long?
    Is it too lineal?
    Is it worth my money?

Thanks guys, hope you can help me. :)

2. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    It's gonna last you longer than Ace Combat.

3. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    I have the game, but let me tell you it gets old pretty fast. There are a ton of pokemon for you to get, but the move sets are so similar between most pokemon that it's a lot of the same ol same ol after a while.Unless you plan on playing it with a friend through local multiplayer, there's not enough fun to be had. If you have to choose between Pokemon Rumble Blast or Ace Combat, I would say pick Pokemon, but don't go into the game with high expectations or you will be disappointed.

4. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    Would it be better to get a DS game like Pokemon Black/White instead of this?

5. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    Definitely better. I'm not a fan of Pokemon in general I bought Rumble Blast because i thought the WiiWare game was fun. The main Pokemon games have a ton of content while Rumble Blast is just a small spinoff. Wi-Fi might have made it a much better game, but the lack of it kind of ruined it the replayability.

6. donelwero
    OP

Mexico
    Oh, thanks guys. I was really interested in that game but I haven't read anything good about it. Now I can confirm it's not worth my money... as for Ace Combat, i still feel like it wont be a very good choice. I wanted to buy a new game but I can't decide or make a choice for one.
    I already played or had:

Super Mario 3D Land
    Mario Kart 7
    Shinobi
    SSF IV
    RE: Mercenaries
    Samurai Chronicles
    LOZ: OoT
    Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
    Fifa 12

So, I was looking for a good game to buy cause I have the money/chance to buy one.
    I have Cave Story DSi Ware so I wont buy the 3D version. DOA:Dimensions is not an option for me, I dont like those games. I can't think of any other good game.

7. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Blazblue Continuum Shift 2 may be a good choice.

Hmmm Sonic Generations! :D

8. donelwero
    OP

Mexico
    Sonic Generations sounds like a good option. But I'll keep looking for more so i can have many options and decide for the best.

9. Jumbojack656

Newcomer Jumbojack656 Advanced Member

United States
    i completly disagree i love rumble blast and it hasnt gotten old for me at all

10. FarAwaySoda

Newcomer FarAwaySoda Advanced Member

El Salvador
    I don't think Pokemon Rumble even counts as a game...aside from Black and White which were decent and actually better than Gen IV, the franchise is just releasing a lot of cashout "games" lately it's disgusting, give buyers quantity instead of quality is probably what they're thinking...what else can I say?

11. Giratina3

Member Giratina3 Official Lilac of GBATemp

United Kingdom
    Allow me to give an in-depth but short review
    I recommend Pokémon Rumble Blast for a number of reasons.

1) This game actually has a storyline unlike the original predecessor for the wii-ware. Storyline wise, depending on how many strong Pokémon you get befriended it will take you a while to complete, the game has many more modes unlike the wii too. Battle Royales return in this game you basically just take on an army of Pokémon who fight each other and you at the same time, after you whittle down the numbers the main boss pokémon will appear, beat all the targets and you win money and some royales give you key items you need. Charge battles let you combine the total number of the Pokémon's power levels into one massive force. Rotate the circle pad or mash the a button to win, if you're at max when you clash you win, theres about 3 waves before the final wave usually. Team Battles; allows you to take three Pokémon into a gauntlet of fights before confronting the boss of the area. After completion of the game you unlock the EX-rank battle royales and team battles [Note: These are very difficult]
    Explore areas like Meadows, Forests, Beaches, Towers, Lakes, Treetops, Haunt Yards, Glaciers, Deserts, Canyons, Autumnwoods, Factories, Lava and save the toy world from a threat that endangers the toy pokémons lives! The story in this game is really good. The orginal Rumble had about 8 areas to explore, as you can plainly see, the sequel has lots more to offer.

2) Replayablity - Med/High
    Depending on how much of a Pokénerd you are, you will find much to do in this game.
    Challenging legendary bosses await you at the end of certain levels, though keep in mind they only have a 5% chance of appearing, the launch pad will be shiny if you encounter one, take out the Pokémon and it will be yours to keep. After completion this is only available but after beating the game you also gain the ability to alter the power levels of Pokémon by increasing the world rank on the upper floors of the final area. They require a lot of money, but if you have a lucky+ Pokémon or higher you may encounter a very awesome room that can be used to farm insane amounts of money. Multiplayer is also back again from the predecessor! Shame it isn't online, but if you know someone with the game, it's very satisfying to go through levels helping tons on bosses by having two people hitting it. The toy shop plays a role as to act as a way to get legendaries such as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin [Both formes]; the only gripe is.... it is done through two methods. Every day one of your mii's visits the shop and adds a customer to the list, Street pass also can get you more customers and make it a breeze to get legendaries unlocked after a certain number.

3) Final Verdict: IF you love Pokémon add this to your collection it will be very worth it!
    This game is much more well built than the original rumble offering over 600 Pokémon to grab, that's right, All 5 generations are in this game.
    Compared to the wii's original 2 generations which only contained Generations 1 and 4.
    I have had this game since thursday and it has not been wasted, 46 hours in and i'm legendary hunting. Loving this game a lot.

There's my short but very in-depth review of this game. I give it a 9/10 the 1 is deducted cause i don't like the appearance rate of legendaries! it's far too low.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Sweet 500 posts at last!