[Pokémon Poll] Necrozma

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by NuikopeaDemon, Nov 30, 2016.

?

Do you think Necrozma is an UB or Legendary Pokémon

This poll will close on Nov 30, 2017 at 9:38 AM.
  1. UB (Ultra Beast)

24.1%
  2. Legendary Pokémon

75.9%
  1. NuikopeaDemon
    OP

NuikopeaDemon Hello Darkness

Sep 3, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hastings
    Well I was thinking I'm pretty sure that we all have different opinions about Ultra Beasts and Regular Legendary Pokémon

So I made this Poll wanting to know YOUR THOUGHTS!

2. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    It clearly isn't an UB. Sun's pokedex info says "Reminiscent of the Ultra Beasts, this life-form, apparently asleep underground, is thought to have come from another world in ancient times." If it was an UB it wouldn't be described as reminiscent of an UB.

Last edited by dimmidice, Nov 30, 2016
    Darkyose likes this.
  3. PP_theSLAYER

PP_theSLAYER Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Not everything that comes from an alternate world is an Ultra Beast.

Only those that comes from an alternate world that is the Ultra Space is an Ultra Beast.

Else, going by first statement standards, Giratina will also be an Ultra Beast.

4. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Pretty sure Necrozma is confirmed as not an Ultra Beast (the Beast Ball doesn't give a catch rate bonus on it, I believe).

Let's not turn this into another "Is Phione legendary?"

dimmidice and PP_theSLAYER like this.
  5. PP_theSLAYER

PP_theSLAYER Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Hong Kong
    That too.

Ultra beast ball doesn't give Bonus to Solgaleo, Lunala or Necrozma.

I used up almost all 40 of Beast balls I had on Necrozma. It also took me 3 soft resets.
    I really wanted Necrozma in a Beast Ball, which I failed on Lunala (but went in to 1 Moon Ball), and Took a few tries for Solgaleo too.

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    once could argue that giratinas dimension isnt part of an alernate world, but specifically intertwined with one world. so there should be giratinas for every world that has time and space-dimensions.
    so alternate world giratinas (or similar being) should exist for 'ultra-space'.

i mean, overall the ultra beast thing is just a lable put on these surprisingly strong pokemon from other worlds. beause clarly they are pokemon. they use pokemon moves, they listen once you force them into a pokeball (which is known to actually effect a pokemons mind), they perfectly fit within the type-classification of the known pokemon, they evolve like pokemon.

and they can be beat into submission by completely average pokemon too.

they were just different and by the time the next game comes out, a prof will have proven ultrabeasts to be just another type of pokemon. maybe all legendaries actually draw power from ultraspace, which is what makes them stronger than average

7. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    [citation needed]

From Bulbapedia: "The Distortion World is said to be another universe or world parallel to the Pokémon world."

No. As @PP_theSLAYER said, the term applies solely to Pokémon from Ultra Space.

Not relevant or important.

No-one is arguing that Ultra Beasts aren't Pokémon.

dimmidice and PP_theSLAYER like this.
  8. PP_theSLAYER

PP_theSLAYER Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Or Ultra Space is another form of space that fills as an in-between of parallel universes.
    [drawing power from Ultra Space sounds like the Speed Force, I like that ;P]

Yeah, but post-game we do travel to a parallel universe with day/night swapped (in order to obtain Cosmog),
    and everything else we catch there ain't ultra Beasts.

If it didn't originate from Ultra Space, doesn't have Beast Boost, it ain't an Ultra Beast.

It won't be strange for Pokemon-like creatures to exist in an alternate space.
    We have Pokemon coming from outer space, laser mutating space viruses into Pokemon, humans that die and become Pokemon.
    heck, Pokemon that Rules of Time and Space, an Alpha Pokemon shaping the universe.

In the Pokemon world, Humans are the weird ones.
    They even made a movie in-game about Poke Balls catching humans, so it ain't too Farfetch'd to think about creatures in a different realm are Pokemon.
    That's how Arceus intended it ;P

Last edited by PP_theSLAYER, Nov 30, 2016
  9. Kira "Bugs Bunny" Yamato

Kira "Bugs Bunny" Yamato Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    United States
    Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, and Lunala all originate from Ultra Space. They are not explicitly referred to as Ultra Beasts.
    Corocoro 'teased' Necrozma being related to Solgaleo and Lunala. It shares the same battle theme. It is also mentioned to have come from another world. The image of it on the Pokemon site had the filename "3rdlegendary".

It's an Ultra Beast like them. From Ultra Space, but not explicitly called an Ultra Beast or treated as one (no Beast Boost or Beast Ball effect).

I remember this argument. Only before, it was "If Ultra Beasts were Pokemon, they would be listed under the Pokemon tab on the official site and it wouldn't say they're 'a threat to humans and Pokemon'". And look how that panned out.

Last edited by Kira "Bugs Bunny" Yamato, Nov 30, 2016
    H1B1Esquire likes this.
  10. PP_theSLAYER

PP_theSLAYER Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Where does it explicitly state that the alternate world that cosmog family thought to originate from, is the ultra space?

11. Small Kat

Small Kat PC addict

May 24, 2015
    United States
    I read the poll so fast that i read "Ugly beast" instead of ultra beast

12. Kira "Bugs Bunny" Yamato

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    United States
    It seems like a safe bet.

13. PP_theSLAYER

PP_theSLAYER Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Hong Kong
    If the hypothesis was true, the game would have given them all the multiplication factor for Beast Balls..

It's possible that it was part of the story narrative to draw us in and throw us off

14. Kira "Bugs Bunny" Yamato

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    United States
    Possible - they've done a number of bait and switches already with Sun and Moon. However, there's still the matter of Cosmog, Solgaleo, and Lunala demonstrating the innate ability to open up Ultra Wormholes.

Sure, one could say "because Beast Balls don't work well on them, they aren't Ultra Beasts", but again, that's just like "if Ultra Beasts were Pokemon, they'd be listed as Pokemon".

15. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    In moon spanish pokédex it says it's an ultrabeast, but I don't think that really is a good translation.
    Imo it can be an UB, but maybe a very old one. Something like it came to the original dimension long ago, so the UBballs don't have efect on it.
    Well may be that or that it's the thrid legendary (such as kyurem, rayquaza...) from pokémon stars.

16. Scarlet

Scarlet Rydeen

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    Looker specifically says it isn't if you take it back to him (on the English version).

Not sure how that differs on the different translations though.

PP_theSLAYER likes this.
  17. Kira "Bugs Bunny" Yamato

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    United States
    He says he just imagined it and that HQ never mentioned it, so it must not be a UB.

They were specifically keeping tabs on the UBs that came out of Ultra Wormholes.
    So, if Necrozma was sleeping underground after coming through a wormhole in ancient times, the international police wouldn't have detected it, and as such, they wouldn't have any reason to classify it as an Ultra Beast.