ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I re-downloaded and the outlines are back now.

I have no clue how I disabled them in the first place. I've never gone out of my way to remove the outlines, and I swear I've always downloaded through this thread's download link.

Did any earlier versions include the no outline patch? Or is that even possible?
No earlier versions included the patch, but if you previously used a cheat patch (code.bin or code.ips) it may have had outlines disabled. This mod doesn't edit code.bin or code.ips, so it wouldn't overwrite an existing code mod.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do something about the RNG? I finally started this, on the teacher you face at the Pokemon School, her Smoochum used Powder Snow, both times it fucking froze me! Add on Wingulls and Magnemites with Supersonic, the latter throwing in Thunder Waves, it's crazy.

Edit: 3 times, third came in a rematch.

Last edited by RustInPeace,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do something about the RNG? I finally started this, on the teacher you face at the Pokemon School, her Smoochum used Powder Snow, both times it fucking froze me! Add on Wingulls and Magnemites with Supersonic, the latter throwing in Thunder Waves, it's crazy.

Edit: 3 times, third came in a rematch.
Didn't mess with the RNG, don't even know how to do that. However since you aren't outspeeding and one or two-shotting everything in the game like you would be in a normal playthrough, and since opponents actually carry status moves, you have more opportunities for things to actually benefit from RNG.

Last edited by Dio Vento,
Reactions: RustInPeace

Nonst3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have an eevee and I wanted to evolve it into a Glaceon with an Ice Stone (I am assuming that is how it evolves, you never specified...), So I went to the konikoni Jewelery store to buy one ( https://i.imgur.com/LtS2LC1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high ) and it wasn't there. Instead of Dusk, Dawn, Shiny and Ice stones, it was Dusk, Dawn, Shiny and Leaf stones. Is this a bug or an error in my patching? Thank you in advance. I am loving this game so far o3o

EDIT: Ah I see, I misread the Evolution Changes tab. Thanks :)

Last edited by Nonst3,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have an eevee and I wanted to evolve it into a Glaceon with an Ice Stone (I am assuming that is how it evolves, you never specified...), So I went to the konikoni Jewelery store to buy one ( https://i.imgur.com/LtS2LC1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high ) and it wasn't there. Instead of Dusk, Dawn, Shiny and Ice stones, it was Dusk, Dawn, Shiny and Leaf stones. Is this a bug or an error in my patching? Thank you in advance. I am loving this game so far o3o
Eevee's evolution methods are not changed. Every other evolution worked by adding a redundant method, but Eevee already fills every available evolution method slot. To make Glaceon work with an Ice Stone would require me to remove the normal method for evolving Eevee to Glaceon, which I don't want to do.

Rolpesokk

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey, i built built the .cia with expanded, and it crashes whenever i get to a specific point in the intro. (i did the moon one, and it shows as sun when lillie is running in the start.)

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i built built the .cia with expanded, and it crashes whenever i get to a specific point in the intro. (i did the moon one, and it shows as sun when lillie is running in the start.)
Try applying the Drag and Drop pack over the CIA (and updating the game itself). It sounds like a couple files might have been misplaced.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I am experiencing some really random crashes. I just arrived at the 2nd island, and entering the clothing shop (where the player had a conversation with Lilie) makes my game crashes 100% of the time. Disabling "Enable game patching" solves this problem and no more crashes happen. So it's not a problem with the game or the console but likely with the patch.
I am playing on 2DS XL, boot9strap, luma 8.1, Pokemon Moon ver 1.2 using Umbra Moon patch Drag and Drop ver 1.8.

Any response would be appreciated. Great patch so far btw, makes the game much more enjoyable! :)

Edit: Nevermind, it was solely SD card problem. My micro sd adapter was bad and the patch was not transferred properly. Switching to another method (FTP/SD Management) works. Time to toss it away.

Last edited by windhazard,
Reactions: Trainiax

mhaw

Trophies
XP
Country
France
File was successfully built. After more than 20 attempts trying every single day after this romhack was released! I believe I exited the program too early and began to panic when it locked up.

Here is the log:

Code:
Is your ROM dumped and decrypted? [Y/N]: Y
Place your DECRYPTED .3DS or .cia ROM in C:\NOVASUN\
Extract decrypted ROM? [Y/N] (only select N if you have already extracted the ROM): Y
Enter the name of your DECRYPTED .3ds or .cia file (no extension): Pokemon Sun
Enter the file type (3DS or CIA, no period): 3ds
.Net 3DS Toolkit v1.4.1
Extracting as CCI to "C:\NOVASUN\\Extracted_ROM"...
[3dstool] ERROR: uncompress error
[3dstool] ERROR: extract file failed
Extraction complete!
Copying ROM hack files into Extracted_ROM.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
Copying complete! Shop.cro not yet copied, since it is incompatible with Hans.
Which Build would you like? Leave blank for unaltered encounters. [Legit/Leveled/Expanded]: legit
How would you like to rebuild the ROM? [3DS/CIA/HANS]: 3DS
Would you like to randomize your wild encounters? [Y/N]: N
patching a\0\8\2 with encounters for the legit Build.
patching a\0\8\3 with encounters for the legit Build.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
.Net 3DS Toolkit v1.4.1
Building as decrypted CCI...
[3dstool] ERROR: open file C:\NOVASUN\\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH2.bin failed
[3dstool] ERROR: create file failed
[3dstool] [3dstool] ERROR: open file C:\NOVASUN\\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH6.bin failed
ERROR: open file C:\NOVASUN\\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH7.bin failed
Build complete!
Rebuild as 3DS complete! Use Decrypt9 to re-encrypt the file if you want to use it on a Gateway flashcart.
Rebuild of Nova Sun (legit Build) as 3DS is complete! File is located at C:\NOVASUN\\Nova_Sun _legit.3ds
Press any key to continue . . .

Now I no longer have to rely on other people's dumps and mercy and can make whichever build I want with the features I want whenever I want them. Thankyou very much.

Same error with umbra moon but for "HeaderNCCH1.bin", "HeaderNCCH2.bin", "HeaderNCCH6.bin", "HeaderNCCH7.bin" files :x
I use a decrypted .3ds of moon v1.2. (nolines)
The Umbra_Moon _Expanded.3ds is loadable in citra but shop isn't loadable (game crash when i tap the "buy" button.
The pokemon encounters are ok, trainers too.
The game ico is edited but the start screen logo isn't.

any ideas ? i don't want to play if the game can crash ...

Edit: So a read in the faq that i need the moon rom without any patch. so if i understand i need a 3ds in any cases to install the 1.2 patch ?
Edit: hooo! but i can play umbra 1.8 on not-updated moon rom, it's okay ! sorry for the post !

Last edited by mhaw,

duyfliz

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi, I downloaded the distribution pack and run the .bat file but the new cia rom cannot be created, any helps? Thanks.
Edited: I've just uploaded an image to show detail about my error.

LV88OOh.png

oYyxD

Last edited by duyfliz,

Kuchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First things first: Thanks for the MOD. Really appreciate it.

My question is if theres a list for the Pokemon in each location, in the Expanded Version I think?
I'd like to cap every Pokemon but I'm already overleveled as heck (10-15 levels above Totem Pokemon atm) from all the running around in the grass.
I skimmed through the first 20 Pages, so excuse me if that Question was already answered.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First things first: Thanks for the MOD. Really appreciate it.

My question is if theres a list for the Pokemon in each location, in the Expanded Version I think?
I'd like to cap every Pokemon but I'm already overleveled as heck (10-15 levels above Totem Pokemon atm) from all the running around in the grass.
I skimmed through the first 20 Pages, so excuse me if that Question was already answered.
It's in the OP under the Wild Pokémon Changes section as a big link that says "Click here to see where you can catch every Pokémon!" Here you go.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a dozen or so tries against the E4, countless losses beforehand that made me pretty poor (to the point where I used the few wins against E4 members to farm money to buy Full Restores and Revives), I finally cleared Umbra Moon. With that, I am just about done using wilds for playthroughs, I now want to keep breeding a team for them. I'll do so for Nova Sun. It was really annoying, but the good kind because if it was the bad type, I would've quit playing or just use some OHKO cheat. I even considered using Gold Bottle Caps as my mons were already at 100 by the time I made it to the E4 (all but starter Decidueye had Lucky Eggs, so that particular mon was behind by less than 10 levels, but after E4 tries, it made it to 100). I want to see if the challenge is still there with perfectly bred competitive mons instead of wilds. I could've SOS chained but the Adrenaline Orb didn't become available to buy until pretty much halfway through the game, and without those, chaining is a nightmare. My starter was RNG'ed, lazily to 4IV Brave, with non-perfect stats in SpA and Spe, it held a Quick Claw for the whole game, as in since it's received at the school.

I'll also give the Gen 6 ROMhacks a try, pretty fun overall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: