ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"If you're using the latest Luma nightly and using the SaltySD packs, you need to rename /luma/code_sections/TITLEIDNUMBER.bin to /luma/titles/titleidnumber/code.bin."
I'm sorry new here, but what file name to i change
This only applies if you're using the nightly build of Luma3DS. If you're running the stable build, skip Steps 3-7.

1. Hold select when you boot up the 3DS and enable "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code"
  2. Copy all the files from the 7z file onto your 3DS SD Card
  3. Go into SD:\luma\code_sections\
  4. Create a folder in \luma named "titles"
  5. in SD:\luma\titles create a new folder named the long number that the bin file in code_sections is named (0004000000175E00 or 0004000000164800)
  6. Move the bin file into the folder you just created
  7. Rename the bin file to "code.bin"
  8. Play Sun or Moon and it will have the Nova/Umbra mod applied.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
This only applies if you're using the nightly build of Luma3DS. If you're running the stable build, skip Steps 3-7.

1. Hold select when you boot up the 3DS and enable "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code"
  2. Copy all the files from the 7z file onto your 3DS SD Card
  3. Go into SD:\luma\code_sections\
  4. Create a folder in \luma named "titles"
  5. in SD:\luma\titles create a new folder named the long number that the bin file in code_sections is named (0004000000175E00 or 0004000000164800)
  6. Move the bin file into the folder you just created
  7. Rename the bin file to "code.bin"
  8. Play Sun or Moon and it will have the Nova/Umbra mod applied.

I use the last build of Luma but i don't find the for "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code". Also the dialogue at the start are not change is i play in italian right?

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
In the nightly that feature was renamed game patching.

Ok, i have already on. But i don't see any difference in the game. I do something wrong for sure but i do not what. This is my SD composision. I try to use Pokemon Moon.

sd1.png sd2.png sd3.png sd4.png

danver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dio dude i just got to say great work. I was a fan of your romhack rutile ruby, and im a definite fan of umbra moon and nova sun so please keep up the great great dude i love it.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, i have already on. But i don't see any difference in the game. I do something wrong for sure but i do not what. This is my SD composision. I try to use Pokemon Moon.

View attachment 79527 View attachment 79528 View attachment 79529 View attachment 79530

I forgot to mention one thing. I follow the suggested instruction in case i use a non English leanguage for the game, but the "NonEnglish.bat" flash for a milli second on screen and nothing happen. Is supposed to do this?

Heitor101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a really great work, i loved your hacks and I think that some legendaries could be obtained making an "Legendaries Quest" instead of the "Ultra Beast Quest" because it's a post-game feature, and legendaries are much better than ultra beats in my opinion. It's not difficult to edit this part, only the text and some Ultra Beasts static encounters need to be edited. If you would like, I could edit this.

Layton

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Read the OP. It has instructions for building a CIA.

Sorry i have some problem with english ( i don't realy speak english but i understand what you say).

I will try to traduce the tutorial for me ( i will probably do a translation if i can )

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a really great work, i loved your hacks and I think that some legendaries could be obtained making an "Legendaries Quest" instead of the "Ultra Beast Quest" because it's a post-game feature, and legendaries are much better than ultra beats in my opinion. It's not difficult to edit this part, only the text and some Ultra Beasts static encounters need to be edited. If you would like, I could edit this.
No. I know it would be easy, but that's not where I want my ROMhack to go.
When the ROM hack is finished, could you upload a CIA on 'that iso/chaos site'?
Why? If you can install CIAs you can use the drag and drop SaltySD packs unless you're running some outdated trash like RXTools. If you'd rather have a CIA for some reason, it's not hard to build your own and doesn't require four gigabyte illegal file downloads.

Reactions: Blue

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Still no able to played. I try to use the english leanguage, but i still don't know what i do wrong. At the moment i only try on my PAL system, setting the leanguage on Italian. I make you know if with the English leanguage the mod start propely, i really want to do a nuzlocke of this game.

Last edited by PedroKeitawa,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention one thing. I follow the suggested instruction in case i use a non English leanguage for the game, but the "NonEnglish.bat" flash for a milli second on screen and nothing happen. Is supposed to do this?
Sorry man, I'm not gonna be much help. I prefer CIA 100%

ken95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi I'm posting this because I did drag and drop the Umbra Moon Expanded content on the root of my Sd Card but when I start my Moon game it doesnt apply the mod into it.

I obviously enabled the .code extention option on Luma setting and updated Moon to 1.1. Can anyone help me here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1