Hacking Pokémon Moon with Gateway3DS

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I found the leaked .3DS and .CIA files and tried to play them with my Gateway 3DS card. However, I haven't been successful. After placing the .3DS file onto the microSD Card of the red Gateway card, the game showed up in white from the rom selection and didn't have a logo.

Regarding the CIA, my 3DS SD Card only has 2.7GB of space while the CIA is 3.x GB big meaning that it doesn't fit onto it no matter what. The only other bigger SD Card I can use is 64GB from the Wii U (also formatted as FAT32) but whenever I start the Gateway launcher website with that SD Card inserted, it send me back to the home menu with an error message so I'm wondering why the 64GB SD Card is not working.

Which steps should I take to resolve this? Buy a 32GB SD Card?

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
The .3ds is broken, and only the cia can work atm, we need to wait for a real .3ds dump

Also can can decrypt the cia, and compil it as .3ds (4gb card2)

or if it doesn't work, yes a 32GB SD card

hias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The nfo also says you should use exfat instead of fat32, so maybe thats your problem? Or simple a corrupt file transfer / system.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FAT32 can't hold 4GB (which another .3DS version of Pokémon Moon has) so I'm formatting as exFAT after cutting all files. The ROM I had before was only around 3GB. What a pain in the ass overall :P

EDIT:
Nevermind, there is Gateway's ROM splitter...

EDIT 2:
It's working so thanks everyone :)

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

AmenoSwagiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 can't hold 4GB (which another .3DS version of Pokémon Moon has) so I'm formatting as exFAT after cutting all files. The ROM I had before was only around 3GB. What a pain in the ass overall :P

EDIT:
Nevermind, there is Gateway's ROM splitter...

EDIT 2:
It's working so thanks everyone :)

Yeah I was going to say, if there are people reading this in the future wondering about the 4GB limit on Sky3DS, there is a rom trimmer that drops the filesize of .3DS files as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night