Pokémon Moon with Gateway3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BullyWiiPlaza, Nov 12, 2016.

1. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    So I found the leaked .3DS and .CIA files and tried to play them with my Gateway 3DS card. However, I haven't been successful. After placing the .3DS file onto the microSD Card of the red Gateway card, the game showed up in white from the rom selection and didn't have a logo.

Regarding the CIA, my 3DS SD Card only has 2.7GB of space while the CIA is 3.x GB big meaning that it doesn't fit onto it no matter what. The only other bigger SD Card I can use is 64GB from the Wii U (also formatted as FAT32) but whenever I start the Gateway launcher website with that SD Card inserted, it send me back to the home menu with an error message so I'm wondering why the 64GB SD Card is not working.

Which steps should I take to resolve this? Buy a 32GB SD Card?

2. Arck

Arck GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 13, 2016
    The .3ds is broken, and only the cia can work atm, we need to wait for a real .3ds dump

Also can can decrypt the cia, and compil it as .3ds (4gb card2)

or if it doesn't work, yes a 32GB SD card

3. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Converting it to 3DS does the same thing, it stays white in the rom selector menu and nothing happens when it's loaded. I used this tutorial.

4. hias

hias Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2014
    Argentina
    I got the 3ds file from that iso site in that big mega thread and it works without any problem with gateway.

BullyWiiPlaza likes this.
  5. rasputin

rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Make sure to update the gateway launcher.dat and also you possibly need to update the emunand to the latest

BullyWiiPlaza likes this.
  6. hias

hias Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2014
    Argentina
    The nfo also says you should use exfat instead of fat32, so maybe thats your problem? Or simple a corrupt file transfer / system.

7. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    FAT32 can't hold 4GB (which another .3DS version of Pokémon Moon has) so I'm formatting as exFAT after cutting all files. The ROM I had before was only around 3GB. What a pain in the ass overall :P

EDIT:
    Nevermind, there is Gateway's ROM splitter...

EDIT 2:
    It's working so thanks everyone :)

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza, Nov 12, 2016
  8. keithC

keithC Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    Could you please clarify what the fix was.
    I have the same issue from your original post.

9. AmenoSwagiri

AmenoSwagiri Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I was going to say, if there are people reading this in the future wondering about the 4GB limit on Sky3DS, there is a rom trimmer that drops the filesize of .3DS files as well.

10. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    The fix was a different ROM