OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Lazy727 said:
Drayano retired so its only a matter of time til Zarkis is no.1

don't burn yourself out, a lot of unique things to do, but no need to do them all at once
This is just GBAtemp, and this is just an adjustment hack. Once we learn how to script the 5th generation, things'll change. How many Pokemon hacks have you actually played? Ever heard of Light Platinum? Quartz? Life of Guardians? Reign of Legends? Look, I don't mean to trash this hack, but it's simply using various tools to modify Wild Pokemon, moves, trainers, and a few other things. In the Pokemon hacking community these are seen often as the are pretty easy to make compared to those that involve Scripting, Spriting, Mapping, Tile Inserting, and so on, which often take more time and effort.
Don't compare a hack of GBA with NDS because they are very different. And where is the Wild Pokémon Editor, Move Editor? I learned to change it with hex and looking for the exactly bytes, thing that everyone else does not have a clue how to do or current opportunities. And if you know scripting, spriting, mapping and tile Inserting, please, tell me.
lecture.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this on youtube from Kaz, it lets you change the sprites which could be really cool. Like having the elite 4 be Gary,Ash,Gold,and Brandon would be a really fun idea. I just wanna battle Gary! He is the greatest pokemon trainer I've ever met.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maOrGz92L1Y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Garymother****ingOak

Blastoise
-mirror coat
-ice beam
-surf
-roar

Umbreon
-Curse
-Baton pass
-Wish
-Taunt

Golem
-Explosion
-Stone edge
-substitute
-Earthquake

Scizor
-Sword Dance
-Pursuit
-Bug bite
-Flamethrower

Arcanine
-Thunder fang
-Extremespeed
-Flame Blitz
-Toxic

Electivire
-thunderpunch
-earthquake
-fire punch
-mediate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's new items?

Im gonna hold off on a new game for a bit, maybe til about .7

Before I start again I'd like to see a better variety, imo that's the main thing holding this back. voltwhite lets you catch every pokemon, this has better gym battles, but i've already beat the game.

anyway, i'm still a strong supporter, it's just that I've beaten it twice.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarkis said:
machomuu said:
Lazy727 said:

don't burn yourself out, a lot of unique things to do, but no need to do them all at once
This is just GBAtemp, and this is just an adjustment hack. Once we learn how to script the 5th generation, things'll change. How many Pokemon hacks have you actually played? Ever heard of Light Platinum? Quartz? Life of Guardians? Reign of Legends? Look, I don't mean to trash this hack, but it's simply using various tools to modify Wild Pokemon, moves, trainers, and a few other things. In the Pokemon hacking community these are seen often as the are pretty easy to make compared to those that involve Scripting, Spriting, Mapping, Tile Inserting, and so on, which often take more time and effort.
Don't compare a hack of GBA with NDS because they are very different. And where is the Wild Pokémon Editor, Move Editor? I learned to change it with hex and looking for the exactly bytes, thing that everyone else does not have a clue how to do or current opportunities. And if you know scripting, spriting, mapping and tile Inserting, please, tell me.
lecture.gif
Actually this hack reminds me of the early days of the GBA hacks. All there really were were tools like this, then came Pokescript and Advance Map and Tile Molester, and then hacks started to pop up more often. I'm not trying to discourage you but I don't like how Lazy is flaunting your hack like he is and putting down other hackers. This is only the beginning.

Also, I'm an amateur Mapper and adept Scripter (Scripting being my strength), I'm also trying to learn spriting. I have 3 Hacks: Pokemon Glory, Pokemon Harvest Moon Edition, and Pokemon Pokemon Special Crossover

Zarkis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Zarkis said:
machomuu said:
Lazy727 said:

lecture.gif
Actually this hack reminds me of the early days of the GBA hacks. All there really were were tools like this, then came Pokescript and Advance Map and Tile Molester, and then hacks started to pop up more often. I'm not trying to discourage you but I don't like how Lazy is flaunting your hack like he is and putting down other hackers. This is only the beginning.

Also, I'm an amateur Mapper and adept Scripter (Scripting being my strength), I'm also trying to learn spriting. I have 3 Hacks: Pokemon Glory, Pokemon Harvest Moon Edition, and Pokemon Pokemon Special Crossover

Yes, this is how everything starts, but I do it for fun and because I want, that's it. In addition, there are more hacks than this one that are made ??with White or Black. And don't measure yourself with the hacks you have, because there are more things to do in this life.

And... Lazy727, I edited the existing items just for fun.
laugh.gif

Gastly Pop is Soda Pop, Rotom Water is Fresh Water, Red Tauros is Lemonade, Itemfinder is Dowsing MCHN and Looker's Rod is Super Rod. I know that few changes have no influence, but grain of sand by grain of sand makes the beach, right?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just think if he keeps working at it, by the end of the summer he should have a pretty amazing hack going. It's not who sprints the fastest, it's who finishes the race.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarkis said:
Yes, this is how everything starts, but I do it for fun and because I want, that's it. In addition, there are more hacks than this one that are made ??with White or Black. And don't measure yourself with the hacks you have, because there are more things to do in this life.
I don't measure myself by the hacks I have have since they're on hold. I also hack for fun and simply for fun. I'm not trying to put myself above you, but you asked about my hacking experience and I answered. Look, there's no part of me that doesn't like this hack, it's a nice modification of Black that will add longevity to the game due to the fact that it gives a challenge and more people will play it, I'm not trying to put you down, I simply don't like how Lazy is promoting this hack.

Anyways, good luck.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your making assumptions about me. Am I overly optimistic? probably but you want me to give credit to hacks that haven't even been made yet. Kind of hard to compare something to a thing that doesn't even exist. I have a lot of confidence in zarkis because he not only made the first hack on gbatemp, but he's been the most consistent in upgrading, and he seems to want to work on it well into the future. That sounds like a recipe for success to me so yeah, I do think zarkis will make the best bw hack as long as he keeps at it consistently.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
I think your making assumptions about me. Am I overly optimistic? probably but you want me to give credit to hacks that haven't even been made yet. Kind of hard to compare something to a thing that doesn't even exist. I have a lot of confidence in zarkis because he not only made the first hack on gbatemp, but he's been the most consistent in upgrading, and he seems to want to work on it well into the future. That sounds like a recipe for success to me so yeah, I do think zarkis will make the best bw hack as long as he keeps at it consistently.
More like Jingoistic. They're not assumptions, they're observations

Anyway Zarkis, I suggest you add updates to a changelog in the OP, that way people will know how you are progressing without having to look through the thread.

Zarkis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'm working in the hack with... look down!

Some things:
LBContinue.png
LBItemsSelected.png

Vending Machine:
LBMachine1.png
LBMachine2.png
LBMachine3.png
LBMachine4.png

New Youngster:
PokemonLightBlackDS_57_15653.png

And... a pic for the new first gym:
PokemonLightBlackDS_00_15859.png

The second gym coming soon!

Aracnero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, I like the new updates. Though I find odd that Blaine it's one of the first leaders (I guess I'm used to see him at the end of the game lol), but besides that, I think the idea of putting in leaders from previous gens is really cool.

Zarkis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Zarkis said:
machomuu said:
Think this'll be done by next year or a few months from now? I'm being completely serious.
I don't have hurry to finish it. Do you have a hurry?
I don't mean to rush you and I definitely don't want a release date, just wondering what the time span may be.
Maybe I'll release a new version in a few weeks, mostly cuz I'm changin' leaders.

PokemonLightBlackDS_42_16388.png

Comment about the hack!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point