RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokémon fans have been eagerly anticipating the launch of the Pokémon Global Link service for latest games, Black and White.
The service, which was due to launch by March 30th, has been delayed due to the recent natural disasters and energy crisis at Japan.

Visiting the website (link) greets the browser with this message:
QUOTE said:
"The Pokémon Global Link was scheduled to launch on March 30, 2011. As a result of the earthquake in Japan and the need to conserve energy resources, the launch date has been temporarily delayed. When a new launch date is determined, it will be published here on the Pokémon Global Link. We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Anyone anticipating the features such as the dream world will have to wait longer, sadly.

What I'm personally wondering is if this will have any impact on the upcoming global launch of the Nintendo 3DS.

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
Daww this makes me sad. But I completely understand. I'm hoping it doesn't affect the 3DS launch, but I don't see that it would.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Pokémon fans have been eagerly anticipating the launch of the Pokémon Global Link service for latest games, Black and White.
The service, which was due to launch by March 30th, has been delayed due to the recent natural disasters and energy crisis at Japan.

QUOTE said:
"The Pokémon Global Link was scheduled to launch on March 30, 2011. As a result of the earthquake in Japan and the need to conserve energy resources, the launch date has been temporarily delayed. When a new launch date is determined, it will be published here on the Pokémon Global Link. We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Anyone anticipating the features such as the dream world will have to wait longer, sadly.

What I'm personally wondering is if this will have any impact on the upcoming global launch of the Nintendo 3DS.

It wont really affect the launch. I work in UK retail and we have loads of 3ds in already for friday. Its my guess they have been in the country for a while now, I think that resupply after launch may be affected though.

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
I was expecting something like that.
Well It's completely understandable
smile.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. Isn't the Dream World and stuff already up in Japan? o__o If it's not then that makes sense, though it's weird that they would wait so long to put it up (in reference to the Japanese launch date). If it is already up in Japan, why isn't ours hosted in Europe and/or North America?

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well if that's the reason I can't complain.
I was disappointed about c-gear itself however. I thought it will also eliminate the need to go to a pokemon center for wi-fi union room. Local wireless is completely useless for me.

D

Deleted_171835

TehSkull said:
If it is already up in Japan, why isn't ours hosted in Europe and/or North America?
this.
The Global Link servers should be hosted here in Europe or North America instead of in Japan. I suppose it doesn't really matter where the server is in the world, though.

I can wait, though.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
TehSkull said:
Weird. Isn't the Dream World and stuff already up in Japan? o__o If it's not then that makes sense, though it's weird that they would wait so long to put it up (in reference to the Japanese launch date). If it is already up in Japan, why isn't ours hosted in Europe and/or North America?

Agreed. I suppose ours is up later due to translation and such, but if they've already finished that then how come the JPN servers stay live but not EUR or USA?

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
not a big deal for me, I'm not very excited about BW anyway

but I do find it a weird move to host the international servers in Japan

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was actually looking forward to this xD

It's fully understandable that Japan would want some time to sort out things of a higher priority, just a few more weeks~

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
shiroitaka said:
RupeeClock said:

QUOTE said:

It wont really affect the launch. I work in UK retail and we have loads of 3ds in already for friday. Its my guess they have been in the country for a while now, I think that resupply after launch may be affected though.
It's made in China, by the way..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: