Hacking Pokémon freezing — issue persistent after format/reinstall

UniversallyUnqiueID

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have a rather strange problem.

Pokémon Y (installed from a CIA) is crashing, and other Pokémon games too. Except this problem persists across reinstalls, CFWs (A9LH→B9S), reformats, new saves, new games etc.

What is happening:

Long ago, I successfully installed A9LH (on B9S now), got a Pokémon Y CIA and started playing.

Then I got to Lumiose City, saved there and, as you might know, froze upon reload, with the music in the background. I did not think it much, and reset the save file, starting afresh. This time, it froze after a few seconds of playtime. On the first run (after name, gender etc) it runs (mostly?) fine, but after I save and run again, it freezes after a few (~10-15) seconds. Now why should this happen? Background music keeps playing, home button doesn't work, Rosalina menu still works.

Anyways, I deleted title and ticket, and then proceeded to reinstall the CIA. Same thing. The CIA is a good, non-corrupted one, see the *What I have tried* part. I then formatted the system, SD card, and reinstalled CFW. Tried again. Same result.

So I installed Alpha Sapphire. This freezes on the intro itself.

I then installed B9S. Was sure that a new CFW would fix things. unfortunately, same result.

How it freezes:

The game simply freezes with background music playing (but no interaction sounds), home button and all other buttons unresponsive. Only things that work are Rosalina menu and hard shutdown (long pressing power button).

What I have tried:

- Pokémon Y CIA, verified good (MD5 matches with other successful users on the net)
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire CIA, also good
- Reformatting and reinstalling CFW
- Firmware versions 11.2, 1.3 and now on 11.6
- installed updates for Pokémon Y
- Reformatting SD card, and trying this with 2 SD cards (4GB Samsung and 8GB Sandisk)
- Pokémon Y CIA built from CDN (although I have a shaky connection, don't know if this is uncorrupt)
- CTRTransfer to 11.5 (from 11.6) then update to 11.6 (according to 3ds.guide/ctrtransfer) and then install
- Luma's game region/language emulation feature (I heard this fixed someone's game crash)

System information:

- USA Old 2DS
- Plailect's 3ds.guide to the letter
- Luma3DS v8.1.1
- 11.6 firmware, also encounter problem on 11.2 and 11.3
- Luma3DS options: Only the "Show NAND or user string..." recommended in the guide. Also, "Game patching" and "ARM11 Exception..." don't seem to make a difference whether enabled or not
- NTR: None
- Any games that do work?: The homebrews SuperHaxagon, WorldOf3DSand work perfectly

What I suspect:

Having ruled out such a number of software causes, I suspect (but hope not) that this is a hardware issue. Otherwise why would this persist after so many reinstalls? On the other hand, if this was a hardware issue, why would this trigger and persist only after encountering a known software issue?

Anybody knows why this might be happening?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"