OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello, this is my first post and I hope you can help me.

I lost my PKMN emerald saves and I want to transfer them to Diamond. I downloaded an sps file from gamefaqs and I followed this tutorial to create a save file using gbata, VBA, an R4DS, 3in1 expansion, and rudolph's expansion pack tool 1.9d. I followed all the steps from a to z. But I get a 64KB file, which is not recognized by the DS so I followed another tuto in which they say the file must be inflated to reach 128KB like NOR saves. I did what they said and the sav I obtained was 128KB (using this) but when I load the sav in rudolph's expansion pack tool 1.9d the game says "tha save file has been erased due to corruption or damage"

Suggestions?

Note: In the emulator, when I import the gameshark save the VBA sav gets "corrupted" but I get a game message saying that the previous save will be loaded, the VBA generated save file is playable and retains the info from the gameshark save.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the game is correctly patched with ez4 client i'm sure this game works normally on ez 3in1 (this flashcart came from ez4 hardware).
Now the thing i don't know here is what slot 1 flashcart bat_mvd use with his 3in1.

bat_mvd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
An R4. Yersterday I tried to patch the gba rom with ez4 client instead of gbata but no luck at all. I'm surprised to hear that the slot1 device matters... why?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No need to be surprised, it's just that some slot 1 flashcart are able to use the 3in1 with clean dump (cycloDS, AK2).
Concerning the R4, the team has never updated their OS to be compliant with the 3in1 so GBAexploader must be used (expansion pack tool 1.9d is too old).

I will give a try to one .sps file to see if i have the same problem than you.
wink.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok.
I have tried one .sps save file from gamefaq with no luck too.
Visualboyadvance is a great tool to convert .sps into .sav file, but the pokemon save seems to only work in this emulator.

Tested with a patched dump of PK emerald (ez4 client) and my ez5 v2 + ez 3in1

bat_mvd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
Searching and searching over the web I'm thinking now that my 3in1 does not work well, I mean now it stopped saving ALL saves for all games no matter if they are patched or not. I think it may be a dry battery and I'm thinking about replacing it. I have a good-for-nothing ezflash iv lite compact which I never used and I'm pretty sure it uses the same battery as the 3in1. I don't mind soldering, it won't be the first time I try doing a think like this. But I want to discard all other possible problems before soldering anything. At first glance the two batteries look identical, they even have the yellow plastic border.

About my new 3in1 not saving I explained the problem in another post but basically it creates a .sav file which does not contain save data. That is I can save games but when I resume playing I have to start from the begining. That's why I think It can be a bettery issue. I tried with castlevania AOS sram patched and with the same game with no patches. I reinstalled everything in my r4, the 2gb transcend micro sd with r4 kernel 1.18 english and gba exploader 0.57. As I said I'm thinking my 3in1 is faulty.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.