Pokémon DestinyGrey... COMING SOON!

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Elexon6273, May 18, 2017.

?

Should we increase the speed of development?

1. YES!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yeah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sure...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care...

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Continue at the same pace

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Nah...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. KYS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Elexon6273
    OP

Elexon6273 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2017
    Canada
    A Pokemon FireRed ROM Hack in development by myself and @SeeFamGaming
    Check for more info on this project click here: https://goo.gl/fesdn9
    Follow us here: https://twitter.com/PokemonDGrey

Sorry for such less information, but this project is still in the "early development phase", We would appreciate help, so email us at: pokemondestinygrey@gmail.com if you want to help out, have any questions, or just want to talk about it!

Stayed tuned for more updates!
    See you soon! :)

Important:
    THIS GAME IS IN EXTREMELY SLOW DEVELOPMENT, SO DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING TOO SOON!!!

Last edited by Elexon6273, Nov 3, 2017
    RustInPeace likes this.
  2. Noroxus

Noroxus Margen67 Supporter

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    If your main game is Pokemon Sun/Moon then good luck trying to edit the files in such a way to bring in different characters and adding all legendaries.... I am pretty sure that might be a bit difficult.

3. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    "Explore, enjoy, and conquer two regions; The return of Kanto and the introduction of a brand new region, totaling 16 gyms!"

If this is a ROMhack..... that sounds like something extremely difficult to do.

'Don and Noroxus like this.
  4. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    Unless theyre using HG/SS as a base - has two regions. Though I dont think there is many tools for hacking that game, though its been years since I last looked

gnmmarechal likes this.
  5. Noroxus

Noroxus Margen67 Supporter

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    The desc. doesn't even say what game is used as base game and if it's not a 3DS game then I dont think this is the right place to advertise.
    However 16 gyms in Pokemon Sun??? that's impossible..

gnmmarechal likes this.
  6. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Having just opened up my world to Pokemon romhacks, I am interested in what this one will entail. Good luck with it.

7. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    Oh, joy. An ambitious romhack with no progress shown. Never seen that before.

Edit:
    https://pokemondestinygrey.wordpress.com/blog/
    "The project itself is being done primarily by N1ghtmare at the moment, and public relations is being taken care of by Elexon6273. For this reason, we are currently in search of mappers, scripters, and spriters DESPERATELY!"
    "We are, however, having extremely proficient progress story wise."

Sounds more like you're writing a fanfiction and trying to make an overly ambitious romhack out of it.
    Unless you have your own private tools which is doubtful since you're in desperate need of people to make things for you there's no way you're getting 16 gyms and 2 regions out of Sun/Moon, ORAS or XY which means it doesn't belong in the 3DS hacking section.

Last edited by Kourin, May 18, 2017
  8. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I very much doubt this is going anywhere, however.

Sent from my cave of despair where I stalk Seriel

9. Elexon6273
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2017
    Canada
    We are either using FireRed/LeafGreen (via 3DS VirtualConsole) or HeartGold/SoulSilver (via TWLoader)

We are considering FR/LG, but it would make sense to think HG/SS would be the better option.

This has been done in games such as Pokémon Adventures - Red Chapter & Yellow Chapter. It's not as hard as you think for FR/LG and it isn't that hard on HG/SS either.

It's going to be for the VC, so I would think it should belong in the 3DS ROM Hacking section.

Once again, this game is still in "the planning phase", so things may be changed

Thanks for the support! :)

Last edited by Elexon6273, May 20, 2017
  10. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    May I ask how much hacking/scripting experience your team has?
    For one HG/SS has next to no hacking documentation or tools so you're in for a ton of ASM work if you're planning on using that as a base.
    Adding another region as well as all the custom scripts and events for a second region if you want it to be an expansive region isn't as simple as you seem to think, either.

It's all well and good having a plan on what you want to do but I think you should come back when you've got a demo with a few gyms done in case you find yourself limited on what you can realistically hack in.

Remember you're also competing with a lot of complete overhaul hacks so if you want people to be interested you're gonna need some interesting custom code. Not necessary but still. The Pokemon community is oversaturated with basic map hacks.

Though I'm sure I'm coming off as a dick, I don't mean to be. There's just a million "hey, I'm making this great Pokemon hack!" threads made all over the hacking forums here and on other forums which show no progress and are eventually abandoned because they realize they can't do half the things they wanted to. I've had the same thing happen when I've tried to make ROM hacks in the past which is why I never announce them.

Last edited by Kourin, May 20, 2017
    gnmmarechal likes this.
  11. Elexon6273
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2017
    Canada
    We have actually finished a few maps, sprites, and scripts so far. Please don't spread negativity on this thread.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I understand your questions, and I have just edited this post. To clear up some confusion, this is a GBA hack of Pokemon Emerald.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks for being positive about our mistake! This is actually a GBA Emerald rom hack. Post has been edited.

12. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    The only thing "coming soon" will be that C&D from Nintendo's lawyers.

SahierKHLover and KunoichiZ like this.
  13. Elexon6273
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2017
    Canada
    [POLL]
    Should I speed up development?
    ^^^(Please vote above)^^^

14. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Yeah, that worked REAL well for that Prism ROM hack.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

15. Elexon6273
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2017
    Canada
    Something like that stops the development, the file would still be available online... (just saying)