ROM Hack Pokémon DarkViolet

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the names things, it ultimately doesn't matter at all because this is my hack, and I can call them whatever the hell I want :)

I have been playing Pokemon Dark Violet and I gotta say, I was blown away from what all was changed. I was just expecting some slight changes here and there but not this! Holy crap! The music has been changed or lowered in pitch, the routes were re-designed to match how they appeared in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, also you have two rivals instead of one. I also like the Pokemon Centers and how they are modeled after the Black and White ones with the Pokemart in them. Also adding in Black and White's Pokemon Center theme was a nice touch as well.
When the final version of this rom hack comes out, I'll be sure to let's play it on my Youtube channel. I wonder if you are going to add in the Sevii Islands or if you are going to add a completely new area for post-game?
The music that I changed is mainly to have all the music in the same key as it was in the original games for the Game Boy, just because I think those songs sound better in their original key. And some songs I just changed simply because the FR/LG version sucked even if they kept the original key (such as the main Route theme). Oh and I'm actually using the HG/SS Pokemon Center theme, not the B/W one haha :)

Sevii Islands won't be in the game, simply because there are only 210 Pokemon available in this hack, and they make up DarkViolet's Kanto Dex. And it's kinda unnecessary. But there will be some post-game areas.

Looks tempting. It reminds me of FireRed/LeafGreen, which I really love. But why is it rated T for Teen? I understand the modernization process, but Teen? Pokemon should be played by everyone, not just teens and older. (Yes, I still believe in the ESRB's rating system.)
This, being a ROM hack, allows me to make Team Rocket as evil as I want, without having to conform to "omg its supposed to be for kidz". After all, I doubt little kids are going to be playing this hack.

With that said, I looked at the ESRB content descriptors to make the boxart. If this hack was rated by the ESRB, it would be rated T because of:
*Alcohol Reference (which was actually present in the Japanese Red/Green/Blue as well as the Japanese FireRed/LeafGreen, I'm just restoring it)
*Crude Humor
*Drug Reference (Team Rocket injects an NPC with a sleeping drug at some point in the game for plot reasons)
*Fantasy Violence (this is an E thing but I just listed it because its part of every Pokemon game lol)
*Sexual Themes (don't worry it's very minor and subtle)

By the way, there will be an upcoming Beta 1.1 soon that will have the same amount of content as Beta 1.0, but it will contain minor bugfixes as well as a new R/S/E-styled Bicycle remix.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, um, I caught a Caterpie and it placed it in Box2 instead of 1. And some of the text between me and the Rockets when I first entered Viridian City messed up a little bit.

But I like how you combined Sapphire and FireRed into this. I much prefer FireRed's layout, but this is okay. And I love what you've done with the computers and that you can use the running shoes in the Poke Centers. And I caught a HootHoot. :D

And if there's a thread on here for posting problems with this patch, can someone please direct me to it? I haven't bothered to look for one.

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, um, I caught a Caterpie and it placed it in Box2 instead of 1. And some of the text between me and the Rockets when I first entered Viridian City messed up a little bit.

But I like how you combined Sapphire and FireRed into this. I much prefer FireRed's layout, but this is okay. And I love what you've done with the computers and that you can use the running shoes in the Poke Centers. And I caught a HootHoot. :D

And if there's a thread on here for posting problems with this patch, can someone please direct me to it? I haven't bothered to look for one.
I think you should find a different FireRed ROM to patch it to, because out of all the places I have posted this to, no one has encountered that problem, and I've never had that problem.

The ROM I'm using is "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)"

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should find a different FireRed ROM to patch it to, because out of all the places I have posted this to, no one has encountered that problem, and I've never had that problem.

The ROM I'm using is "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)"

That's better. And now I can't get my save data back from the rom I was using. I'll try it again tomorrow when I'm over this.

SolidSnake95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm inside the ship right now about to go to the captain's room. I'm pretty sure whatever is about to happen is TR related haha. Nice!

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update!
This is Beta 1.1.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dn10ly8t7a8d034

This is just a bugfix release.

These bugs have been fixed:
*Issues when teleporting to the wrong place has been fixed
*After using Disable, glitchy text won't appear anymore
*Movement permission error in Viridian Forest fixed
*The guy who got robbed in Cerulean now has correct dialogue after you beat the Rocket Grunt
*The cut tree by the Hiker on Route 10 no longer freezes the game
*Rocket Grunt script on Nugget Bridge no longer repeats (Note: You will have to fight him one more time if you already fought him, because I changed the variable that the script uses in order for it to work)

These adjustments have been made:
*TM03 has been changed back to Water Pulse
*Misty's Pokémon now use Water Pulse instead of Scald, so her Starmie isn't super OP anymore
*The TM lady in the Underground Market now sells Sandstorm
*Brain Freeze now has a new animation
*A couple typos fixed
*New Bicycle music, a remix made by me, with inspiration from Pokémon Origins
*The Charmander family now learns Dragonbreath instead of Draco Bullet/Dragon Rage
*Eevee can now evolve into Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon, all of which are obtainable in this release (You can get your stone items from the Stone Merchant in the Underground Market after you've beaten Lt. Surge. The egg that the old lady gives you in the Underground Path will hatch into an Eevee)

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New release!

Pokémon DarkViolet Beta 2.0!

This release allows you to get seven badges, and ends upon defeating Sabrina, the 7th Gym Leader.

The link is at the bottom of this post. If you want to play it immediately, then scroll down lol. If you want to read about what this has to offer, then click on the spoiler!

Here are some of the major changes/additions with this release!
*Abilities from Generations IV and V have been added Huge thanks to MrDollSteak from PokéCommunity for this! He added a crapton of abilities to this hack, and I cannot thank him enough for this. It will definitely help make it feel more modern and up-to-date!

*Most Pokémon now have two abilities, some Pokémon even have their official Hidden Ability as their secondary ability Thanks to the abilities that MrDollSteak added, I have distributed them in this format: For every Pokémon that got a new ability in Generation IV, they have been added (however, not all abilities from the new games are in, only the ones that are possible currently on GBA). After that, for every Pokémon that still only had one ability, I gave them their official Hidden Ability as their secondary ability. Even the Kanto starters. That way, people who prefer either ability can still get the one they want. The Legendary Birds will always have their official Hidden Ability, because I think Pressure is dumb lol

*New trees! Because this is totally a feature worth advertising!

If you want to continue your save from Beta 1, follow these instructions:
1. Before downloading, save in Cerulean City. Don't ask why, just do it.
2. Patch Beta 2 to a separate, clean FireRed ROM
3. Take the save file from your Beta 1.x game, and rename it to match your Beta 2 game.
4. Load up Beta 2. If you're in Cerulean City and you see new trees, congratulations, you did it right.
5. (optional) Now I'm not sure, but you might have to fight that invisible Rocket Grunt glitch on Nugget Bridge one more time. That's a leftover glitch from Beta 1 that's no longer a glitch if you start with Beta 2, but because of how variables work and such, you might have to fight him ONE MORE TIME, and then everything should be normal

Known glitches/bugs:
*When doing an action (such as right before Surf/Fly/Cut, etc.) in the overworld, if you're standing at a place where your reflection is visible, the sprite's reflection will glitch up. This is because I expanded the action sprite to the size that it is in RSE for style continuity, and I'm assuming the reflection still assumes its the original size. I don't know how to fix it other than change the size back to what it was in FireRed, meaning the sprite would look kinda crammed/squished should I do that.

*During a battle if the user and opponent both have Motor Drive as their ability, when the ability activates it will only reference the user's name. While technically a bug, the only Pokémon in the game that has Motor Drive is Electivire, and no one in Beta 2 has an Electivire, so idk why I'm even pointing this out because there's no way to actually experience this glitch in Beta 2 lol

Here are some new screenshots that I have yet to post here:
1_zps3f02ebbf.png
2_zpsa464b85a.png
6_zps8f7eda42.png
12_zps17d35267.png
11_zps60ea56a7.png
5_zpsf2658212.png
3_zpsa29194c1.png
4_zps38325d0e.png
17_zps9dd752e5.png
8_zps2ca94e55.png
10_zpsde7b2fd7.png
9_zps9178eb12.png
7_zps68f171b0.png
23_zps008e9013.png
27_zpsa143457c.png
16_zpsff53d8b3.png
14_zps3ee00554.png
13_zps6bf4df4d.png
15_zps733bd5b5.png
32_zpsee85cdb9.png
18_zps936f03fb.png
31_zpsa309a15c.png
20_zpsf70fab89.png
19_zps7ade3368.png
21_zpsa8ad7058.png
37_zps82019b3f.png
22_zpsda3c765f.png
36_zps08926673.png
25_zps8f2e251e.png
24_zps2bf2450e.png
26_zps862c8070.png
44_zpsae508d5c.png
28_zpsd1476535.png
30_zpsd1f1d56e.png
34_zps9d180b02.png
29_zps78166f8a.png
33_zpsa097d6ce.png
49_zpsf651dcbe.png
43_zps3afcea0c.png
40_zps619925cf.png
39_zps8ab3944b.png
35_zpscf84f25d.png
38_zpsae0d5327.png
42_zps3c6d10dd.png
41_zps39a58f61.png
45_zpsaccac589.png
47_zpsda2039f6.png
53_zps6faae117.png
50_zpsd0bd87b0.png
54_zps2895421d.png
46_zps602cfe04.png
48_zpsdaf9cd87.png
61_zps2b31a082.png
60_zpse2c57c20.png
55_zpsd78a4d36.png
56_zps8f8171cb.png
57_zps73e91c2c.png
52_zps15336d2b.png
51_zpsd4069e32.png
58_zps08853616.png
70_zps886bfdad.png
68_zps8ee87e70.png
59_zps7c885309.png
65_zpsa60b4b5a.png
62_zps0e1ece55.png
63_zps230b38f1.png
64_zpsc40fce4d.png
69_zpsd5550cb2.png
71_zps29f2cd53.png
66_zps7242b35d.png
67_zps726af9a7.png
72_zpsf0eb1f22.png

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6r5wlgxz5h21snd/PokemonDarkVioletBeta2_0Fixedv2.ips

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update! Beta 2.1!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8hae6lzeittj21u/PokemonDarkVioletBeta+2_1.zip

Here is a list of changes:
- Eggs now hatch faster if you have a Pokémon with Magma Armor or Flame Body in your party (credit to HackMew)
- Quick Claw freeze glitch fixed (credit to MrDollSteak)
- Sucker Punch fixed (credit to MrDollSteak)
- Poison Heal fixed (credit to MrDollSteak)
- the tall grass now has R/S/E's animation rather than FireRed's
- new palette for Viridian Forest
- missing footprints added
- Vulpix and Ninetales can no longer have Drought because it's too OP and dumb. If you already caught a Vulpix/Ninetales with Drought, it will revert to Flash Fire.
- Eevee now has Adaptability (I accidentally gave it Chrlorophyll in 2.0 for some reason)
- the flag for HM03 has been fixed, so for the people who weren't able to get Surf because they went to Saffron Gym first, you can get Surf now
- NPC in Mr. Fuji's house now has the correct dialogue
- Music continuation glitch after S.S. Anne event has been fixed
- Reckless, Sheer Force, Iron Fist, Overcoat, and Bullet Proof are now properly implemented
- move descriptions corrected
- other minor things

Again, please make sure you're patching to "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)". I can't do anything about glitches that only occur if you patch to a different ROM dump.

Ohh nice~
Still i'll wait till u finish it.
Btw, does it work on DSTWO?
Why wait until it's finished? You can use the same save file, and there's nothing you'll gain from waiting. What if I never finish it?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Update! Beta 2.1!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8hae6lzeittj21u/PokemonDarkVioletBeta 2_1.zip

- Eggs now hatch faster if you have a Pokémon with Magma Armor or Flame Body in your party (credit to HackMew)
- Vulpix and Ninetales can no longer have Drought because it's too OP and dumb. If you already caught a Vulpix/Ninetales with Drought, it will revert to Flash Fire.
- Eevee now has Adaptability (I accidentally gave it Chrlorophyll in 2.0 for some reason)
- the flag for HM03 has been fixed, so for the people who weren't able to get Surf because they went to Saffron Gym first, you can get Surf now
- Reckless, Sheer Force, Iron Fist, Overcoat, and Bullet Proof are now properly implemented
- other minor things

Again, please make sure you're patching to "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)". I can't do anything about glitches that only occur if you patch to a different ROM dump.

Why wait until it's finished? You can use the same save file, and there's nothing you'll gain from waiting. What if I never finish it?

Then i won't ever play it O.O, jokes aside, i could but meh i'll wait :P
Good luck with the project!

EDIT: And btw ur almost finished so yeah ;A;

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all just checking in after a very long hiatus, and i came across this wonderful gem of a game. i was wondering if this project has officially been completed or not, if not its cool and i can wait a little longer. but i wanted to wait until a final product was released so i could enjoy the entire experience

EpIcZxHD1

Trophies
XP
Country
I have played a lot off Pokemon games yet I feel your game is the best before when a character spoke I tried to skip it but the story is so good I don't want to skip it (I also liked the sort of easter egg to thank games freak) but if you gave up now a lot of people and I mean a lot of people would be unhappy and I understand this may have started out as a personal thing but now people look up to you and respect you

AOCreation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you cant go anywhere after the 7th gym as the game isn't complete at least not to my knowledge still waiting to see if it will be finished i really want to play the finished version :D

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update! Beta 2.1!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8hae6lzeittj21u/PokemonDarkVioletBeta+2_1.zip

- other minor things

I finished it a few weeks ago after playing about 73 hours, and was immeasurably frustrated because I didn't realize I could use the same save file. Well, that and the fact that I couldn't finish the story. Things looked like they were nearing the climax, too. It's my own fault, though. If I had paid enough attention when I downloaded to notice that it was still a beta, I wouldn't have been so upset. Also, I noticed that there were two spots in the Safari Zone that read as being the wrong surface. There's a rock that acts as just another piece of flat land, and the upper-left corner of one of the ponds reads as grass, rather than water. Now please, I beg of you, deliver unto me some closure, sire.

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished it a few weeks ago after playing about 73 hours, and was immeasurably frustrated because I didn't realize I could use the same save file. Well, that and the fact that I couldn't finish the story. Things looked like they were nearing the climax, too. It's my own fault, though. If I had paid enough attention when I downloaded to notice that it was still a beta, I wouldn't have been so upset. Also, I noticed that there were two spots in the Safari Zone that read as being the wrong surface. There's a rock that acts as just another piece of flat land, and the upper-left corner of one of the ponds reads as grass, rather than water. Now please, I beg of you, deliver unto me some closure, sire.
He cancelled it, but he did give what was planned for the rest of the story.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8253125#8253125

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)