Pokémon Crystal Trade Evolutions

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by CompC, Jun 28, 2009.

1. CompC
    OP

CompC GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    I'm playing through Pokémon Crystal using Lameboy and was wondering if there's any way I can evolve my Pokémon like Haunter, Onix, and Machoke that can only evolve through a trade.

I know for the DS and GBA Pokémon games, there are hacks that let you catch all of the Pokémon, or that make Pokémon that evolve through trades just evolve at a higher level. Are there any like this for Pokémon Crystal?

Someone on Yahoo Answers told me to use Gameshark codes to get them—but I don't see how I can do that with Lameboy…

2. SkotUK

SkotUK Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2009
    no there is no way to do that within lameboy.

3. Jakob95

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    You can get a gbc emulator for computer and put your crystal rom and save file into your computers emulater and use cheats there.

4. CompC
    OP

CompC GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    Okay, I'll do that.

I've been using save states, and the when I save through the menu in-game, it doesn't do anything. My computer tells me the .sav file hasn't been modified since June 6, and I've definitely saved since then.

5. myuusmeow

myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Press X after you save in-game.

6. CompC
    OP

CompC GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    I have X set to Start. Would it still work? (I'll try it… as soon as I find my DS. Not sure where I put it.)

EDIT: I got it! Thank you. [​IMG]

7. fieryjake31

fieryjake31 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2009
    in the options where you save and load make sure the save slot is not on "none"