Pokémon black white screen

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Irissama, Mar 25, 2011.

Mar 25, 2011

Pokémon black white screen by Irissama at 1:04 AM (2,591 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Irissama
    OP

Newcomer Irissama Member

I've been trying to run Pokémon Black on my M3Real. If I go to receive a "mystery gift" in the opening menu, as soon as I get it and exit I get a white screen. Same for say, the DS Wifi menu. If I exit it, it'll freeze.

I tried YSM3 on the Quadboot, I tried a clean rom (with the correct checksum, not a fake), then I tried to patch it... None seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

2. M Dragon159

Newcomer M Dragon159 Member

United States
    I thought the same, too, but did you ever wait a little while... I mean, I thought the same for about a week. I'd exit, see the white screen for like 5 secs, and then reset.

However, it has quite a delay before officially starting up again... just check it ^.^

3. Irissama
    OP

Newcomer Irissama Member

Heeeyyy! You're right! It works!

Wow that IS a long delay. Thanks a lot :3

4. MegaShark

Newcomer MegaShark Member

Portugal
    Huh? So, it isn't a freeze after all? If you wait for 5 seconds then the game will continue normally after exiting Wi-Fi?

5. M Dragon159

United States
    Na, 5 seconds is like an estimate. It just takes a freakin' amazing length of time (relatively, I mean) for it to merely change from white. I heard Black Ops has a really freaky length of time for it to turn on; I think 17 seconds?

6. MaxNuker

Member MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Portugal
    These issues are known to exist with the new pokemon games... i think we still need to wait for any ap measures... when you go into any wifi thing, when you exit you'll get white screen / crash AFAIK

7. M Dragon159

United States
    By now, most people probably have the patched version of Pokemon, so bye-bye most AP measures.

And you should try it out; everytime I left Mystery Gift and anything on that early menu, I'd always exit out onto a white screen. Laziness for a good amount of seconds showed me that it actually does work ^.^ (gooooooo laziness [​IMG]

(Btw, before you ask where the Patched version is, first search GBAtemp to see if there is a patch, and then google a pre-patched ROM on Google if you unfortunately can't find one; read the rules, which state no supplying ROMs =P )

8. MegaShark

Portugal
    I've just tried it now and I waited for like 5 minutes... but the DS never got past the white screen...

What firmware are you using? I'm on Sakura 1.49 3rd.

9. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    don't bother running the game on sakura....just get a clean rom and run it with ysm3(ys menu for m3), it works flawlessly!

10. MegaShark

Portugal
    Thanks... I've installed Quad Boot and it works like a charm on YSM3!
    Can I set YSM3 to start on a "latest used roms" screen, or at least set the default start folder for ROMS?