Misc Pokémon Bank app 100% linked to NNID?

Apo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys

so, I have a 3DS XL, and bought the new 2DS XL. I want to make a transfer from the old to the new to keep my stuff. My old system is on 11.3 and I want to keep it on that firmware version to use soundhax freely. So I asked the technical support (I used a lame excuse ^^) and they are going to dissociate my NNID from the old system so I can link it to the new. I will be able to redownload everything once it's done, but not saves (for eshop games mostly, and I only have one so no big deal).

The bank is made so your Pokémon are saved on Nintendo servers, so I assume I will recover everything once I link my NNID to the new system, but is there anything saved on the SD cart? I'm thinking something like "cache" or special key for example, that could maybe make the bank not work on the new system if that is not transfered.

I have searched myself and found nothing.

I highly doubt there is this kind of "features", but better be safe than sorry, so if anyone have any info, feel free to share :)

(and sorry for the long post)

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I system transferred my NNID that had Bank from an O3DS to an N3DS, then when the N3DS got bricked, I called them and transferred from there back to an O3DS, and then that O3DS to an N3DS currently. Nothing was lost in the transfers, all I had to do was redownload the app.

Reactions: Apo

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys

so, I have a 3DS XL, and bought the new 2DS XL. I want to make a transfer from the old to the new to keep my stuff. My old system is on 11.3 and I want to keep it on that firmware version to use soundhax freely. So I asked the technical support (I used a lame excuse ^^) and they are going to dissociate my NNID from the old system so I can link it to the new. I will be able to redownload everything once it's done, but not saves (for eshop games mostly, and I only have one so no big deal).

The bank is made so your Pokémon are saved on Nintendo servers, so I assume I will recover everything once I link my NNID to the new system, but is there anything saved on the SD cart? I'm thinking something like "cache" or special key for example, that could maybe make the bank not work on the new system if that is not transfered.

I have searched myself and found nothing.

I highly doubt there is this kind of "features", but better be safe than sorry, so if anyone have any info, feel free to share :)

(and sorry for the long post)

No. I system transferred my NNID that had Bank from an O3DS to an N3DS, then when the N3DS got bricked, I called them and transferred from there back to an O3DS, and then that O3DS to an N3DS currently. Nothing was lost in the transfers, all I had to do was redownload the app.

As @RustInPeace has said once your signed into your NNID again you will be able to access Pokemon Bank as normal but yes you will lose all eShop game saves from the old system and no their is no way to copy/recover those.

If you really want to get them and the old system shows as it still has the current NNID as you used Nintendo to remotely change it on their end, if your still able to load your saves on the old system I would sugest using following the guide https://3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds)

As your running 10.3 your able to run CFW and always have access to homebrew once your done, then you wont need to worry abour needing to stick to version 10.3 to keep soundhax working

Reactions: RustInPeace and Apo

Apo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As @RustInPeace has said once your signed into your NNID again you will be able to access Pokemon Bank as normal but yes you will lose all eShop game saves from the old system and no their is no way to copy/recover those.

If you really want to get them and the old system shows as it still has the current NNID as you used Nintendo to remotely change it on their end, if your still able to load your saves on the old system I would sugest using following the guide https://3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds)

As your running 10.3 your able to run CFW and always have access to homebrew once your done, then you wont need to worry abour needing to stick to version 10.3 to keep soundhax working

I'm actually on 11.3, I will only use this one to backup saves and stuff, so soundhax will be enough.

for the new 2DS XL I believe they come with 11.4? well even if that's 11.5 I can still use freakyhax and then install a second one like steelhax or whatever just to make sure. I'm not really into CFW, since the last banwave, I feel like it's riskier (probably just me being paranoid).

thanks for the replies @RustInPeace @Gcentrex

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually on 11.3, I will only use this one to backup saves and stuff, so soundhax will be enough.

for the new 2DS XL I believe they come with 11.4? well even if that's 11.5 I can still use freakyhax and then install a second one like steelhax or whatever just to make sure. I'm not really into CFW, since the last banwave, I feel like it's riskier (probably just me being paranoid).

thanks for the replies @RustInPeace @Gcentrex

Around 11.3 / 11.5 I believe I seen but I could be mistaken on that.

Keeping your main system clean I get it, you could keep it compactly clean and use the old one to edit game cart saves.

Your old system could be hacked just so you never have to worry about accidental updating and quicker CIA homebrew been loaded.

The above is the setup one of my good friends is running since he only buys games via eshop and transferred from his old DSi with games into his 3DS

Reactions: RustInPeace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: