Pokémon 20th Anniversary - Meloetta Event!

250px-648Meloetta.png

The Meloetta event is live!
Happy holidays! In honor of Pokémon's 20th Anniversary, Game Freak has been having several events throughout the year where they've been distributing rare Pokemon. The year is coming to a close, and so are the events. Now's your last chance to fill up your 'dex with rare pokemon!

From now to December 24th you can claim your own Meloetta for XYORAS. Luckily, this one is being distributed via WiFi! Just use the mystery gift the the Pokémon is yours!

Until next time Pokémon masters!

Passed legendary events in 2016:
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Darkrai
Manaphy
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Genesect
Keldeo

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Noooooooo I missed mew :(
I did too. Had to get a friend who got 2 codes to give me one. However, apparently you'll be able to trade from Red/Blue/Yellow to Sun/Moon when it comes out. I'm wondering if the glitched Mew will be able to transfer over! I would still consider it legit personally.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did too. Had to get a friend who got 2 codes to give me one. However, apparently you'll be able to trade from Red/Blue/Yellow to Sun/Moon when it comes out. I'm wondering if the glitched Mew will be able to transfer over! I would still consider it legit personally.
I guess technically most pokemon from the gen 1 and 2 games should be legit, seeing as the pokemon contained little to no Metadata in them. I wonder how Nintendo is going to convert these pokemon to gen6...

That said, they could also simply declare a non-event mew to non-legit, seeing as mew never was available outside of events and they probably won't make events for the eshop versions of the gen1 games. So no one can legitimately transfer a real legit gen1 mew to gen6.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Completely uninterested in the pixels but they're also releasing promo card boxes for each month with each legendary. That's what i'm after. Already have 2 mew boxes on the way.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Deoxys? No fucks given :angry: Deoxys is the BAMF of the legendaries

So they cant offer me a different cooler one that isnt the boring one you get in the main game? No fucks given :angry:

Also not everyone may have ORAS either. Bastads.

Assuming this isn't satire, I'm having quite the hearty chuckle.
It reads like part of a Miiverse cringe compilation.

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm wondering if the glitched Mew will be able to transfer over! I would still consider it legit personally.
Possible but nintendo could specifically restrict the pokemon you can trade to only the first 150 as mew can't be obtained legitly in the game except through events and the glitch, but those are unlikely. I would also not consider it cheating because it takes effort. Unless of course you hack multiple mews in. I dont think nintendo will allow it though.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I guess technically most pokemon from the gen 1 and 2 games should be legit, seeing as the pokemon contained little to no Metadata in them. I wonder how Nintendo is going to convert these pokemon to gen6...

That said, they could also simply declare a non-event mew to non-legit, seeing as mew never was available outside of events and they probably won't make events for the eshop versions of the gen1 games. So no one can legitimately transfer a real legit gen1 mew to gen6.

Except that Japan users who purchased the 2DS bundle will get a Mew for Gen I,
meaning at least that one can be transferred,

Question is, would they put a flag on that one or something, so that other Mews can't be transferred.

edit:

best example is to make Gen II Mew hold a different item.

This way, in Gen I, it doesn't affect gameplay,
but Mew cannot be accepted on Pokebank because wrong item held ><

Last edited by Queno138,

darkaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since it was the announced that people who has the poke bank service will get 3 pokemons, Is it possible to get the bank sub and use the cia versions of the games?

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Almost sure it will be able to trade mews as they hv the right information and trainer\id. Chances are u can even trade missing No's (as they will probably transmute to the pokemon referent to his index number).

wiinner69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have got 2 mew event code to give if someone is interested.
I don't know if that is important, but i do live in France, so those are maybe EUR Mew.
I will give those 2 codes to the two first people who ask for them on that thread (and that thread only).

[Edit : 1 remainning]
[Edit2 : if necessary, i would certainly be able to stop to some shops to get few more codes, as the events in France continues until end of March i think]

Last edited by wiinner69,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have got 2 mew event code to give if someone is interested.
I don't know if that is important, but i do live in France, so those are maybe EUR Mew.
I will give those 2 codes to the two first people who ask for them on that thread (and that thread only).

What thread? This one? I'm asking, please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end