Pokèmon ORAS 1.1 update

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kibido, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Kibido
    OP

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    I can't find the .cia file of it anywhere and no one is asking for it, this means I can download it directly from eShop right? It may seem obvious but I've never done it before so I'd like to be sure. Thanks.

2. Meteo

Meteo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2007
    United States
    updating games through e-shop is fine. And you should do it soon before Nintendo releases an update and you lose access to it.

3. Kibido
    OP

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    I think the only next update will be in December with 1.2, but what do you mean exactly by losing access to it? Anyway thanks, I'll update right away.

4. Meteo

Meteo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2007
    United States
    I meant if Nintendo release a firmware update. Sorry should have been more clear.

5. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    If theres a firmware update you wiill no longer be able to access the e shop then you cannot download updates.

6. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    This should no longer be a big deal actually, as we now have the ability to convert updates into installable .cia files so somebody would eventually put them up for those who initially missed the update.

7. Kibido
    OP

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Thanks guys. Just a quick question, if I activate 3D in battles my framerate drops like hell, is this just me?

8. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    thats normal

9. longgt

longgt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2013
    United States
    I'm playing JPN ROM now. Will 1.1 update from US eShop work? Or i have to wait for JP update 1.1 .cia file?
    Sorry if this is a stupid question :(

10. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    I can't promise but it *should* work fine, because Pokemon is one of the few games where the cart is the same in all regions.

11. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    It does work fine.

12. Ante0

Ante0 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2014

It's a bug that they left in from X/Y.
    It's "normal", but a bug/glitch/lazydevs

13. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    its not a bug

Huntereb likes this.
  14. Pounou

Pounou GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2014
    France
    I updated my jap rom with eur eshop. All is ok and i have access to network

15. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    It shouldn't be, but it annoyingly is; all because Game Freak did the laziest job ever and didn't bother update the Gen6 graphics' engine.

Seriously, if Sakurai could commit and succeed at 60fps on Smash 3DS and have a far more graphically intensive game in the process, Tajiri has no *expletive* excuse. Outside of Nintendo's internal offices, Game Freak has had the 3DS SDK longer than anyone. So it just comes off as contempt, or some lazy ass coders.

16. TheOne61

TheOne61 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2014
    Canada
    I have the JAP rom and downloaded the update using North American eShop. Worked fine and have connectivity as well.

tjexp likes this.
  17. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    I believe it was a calculated choice, not a result of bad coders. They intentionally left the models at a higher polycount than the 3DS could handle (that's essentially what has to cause the lag, the models of the pokemon themselves are insane, you can't notice in 240p, but if you use an editor you'll see better), so that they could re-use the same exact models for the games on the next handheld without any work whatsoever.

Since it's very time-consuming to add more polygons compared to dowscaling a 3d object, they kept the hi-poly models and said "fuck you, deal with the frame drops, we gotta make free money for the next 8 years."
    Still a result of being lazy and cheap, but yeah.

18. shamzie

shamzie Oh David de Gea <3

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester
    I dont even notice it that much, I notice it at the start of the battle but really, I'm not even that bothered. Is it still an issue with the improved hardware of the N3DS though has anyone tried it on that?

19. Aman27deep

Aman27deep GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2007
    India
    Calcutta.

It's the same. Doesn't utilise N3DS' additional power.