Hacking Pointer upside down

Bauldrick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had the wii working perfectly on 4.2 for a while and using preloader .30r4 to start wiiflow from boot - no problems..

My youngest has just finished playing Dora the Explorer
wacko.gif
and now the pointer (wii remote) is completely back-to-front. up goes down, left goes right. This is on System Menu, HBC and Wiiflow.

Its been working perfectly and I've not installed or changed anything for it to alter??

What gives...

Looks like its the controller that is f**cked - number 2 works fine...
unsure.gif

Bauldrick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Any homebrew I load - controller 1 upside down (system menu is fine) - controller 2 is fine.

-edit-

It's easy to read too much into things sometimes
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE said:
Quick tip: Cursor (hand) or character movement not responding properly?
Hold the Wii Remote with the button side down. Without using much force, firmly tap the button side of the remote against the palm of your other hand a few times. Doing this does not take a lot of force, so be sure not to tap the Wii Remote very hard. Check for proper response

Don't know why it seemed fine on system menu, but wiiflow,hbc (all homebrew I tried) it was back-to-front, but hey... if it don't work, hit it hard with palm of your hand
smile.gif

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bauldrick said:
Any homebrew I load - controller 1 upside down (system menu is fine) - controller 2 is fine.

-edit-

rolleyes.gif

QUOTE said:
Hold the Wii Remote with the button side down. Without using much force, firmly tap the button side of the remote against the palm of your other hand a few times. Doing this does not take a lot of force, so be sure not to tap the Wii Remote very hard. Check for proper response

Don't know why it seemed fine on system menu, but wiiflow,hbc (all homebrew I tried) it was back-to-front, but hey... if it don't work, hit it hard with palm of your hand
smile.gif

OMG thanks so much. One of my controlers has been screwed up for awhile and I didn't know what happened. I was about to go by a new one when I saw this post. Worked like a charm. You just saved my about 20 bucks.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
carbonyle said:
Don't you think your sensor bar is on the wrong side? coz it'll explain why everything is back-to-front
It wouldn't explain anything. The Wiimote is actually a camera, and the sensor bar is just a few lights (infrared that is, which is why you can't see them). If you would place the sensor bar the wrong way, the light would be in the same direction.

This has happened to me as well. I didn't even hit the Wiimote, I just shook it up and down and it worked again. I also discovered how you can get the pointer upside down. Hold the Wiimote with the D-pad and A-button up, then flick it while pointing the screen. The cursor will flip upside down and restore itself a little later. It seems to have to do with the motion sensors in the Wiimote itself, not only with the IR camera.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
OMG thanks so much. One of my controlers has been screwed up for awhile and I didn't know what happened. I was about to go by a new one when I saw this post. Worked like a charm. You just saved my about 20 bucks.
Seems to happen to some people occasionally. Something to do with the tilt sensor getting stuck. Not sure how it happens, I know I've never seen it myself (only heard about it).

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
happned to me in the past.

forgot how i fixed it, but taspping the wiimote to the plam of your hand is probably the first thing you always gonna do first , might be instinct
smile.gif
)

i think there something writen about that problem on the user manual

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need to hit or tap anything. just point the wimote at the TV (sensor bar) and cover the front with your hand and uncover it. its magically fixed. it happens to me all the time. it seems to have to do with where the wiimote is pointing when it is initted or woken up.

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
it is the accelerator getting stuck that detects movement according to Nintendo, it happened to me when i first got one and i rang them, the tech rep advised of a special method to fix it, turn wiimote upside down and slap it on the back =) lol

Bauldrick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mgrimmenator said:
Bauldrick said:

-edit-

rolleyes.gif

QUOTE said:

smile.gif

Good to hear !

Now take 5/10 of that 20 bucks saved and send it to a decent charity, you won't miss it, you were going to spend it anyway
smile.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
your wii mote sensor is probably broken and turned upside down...
The orientation of the sensor bar actually doesn't matter. You could stick it sideways onto your wall with tape and it would still work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1