OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
Herg released a new version of his Pogoshell project.
This version includes a WALLPAPER support, along with small bugfixes.

pogoh1.png
pogoh1-2.png
[/p]

CHANGES From v1.2 to v1.2.h1

- Added background support to themes
- Added option for transparent text background
- Fixed bug with status bar height
- Fixed bug with scroll indicator location
- Included PogoNes v9.6 written by Loopy and Flubba

Download it from the OFFICIAL HOMEPAGE or from our TOOLS SECTION

Thanks flashermac for the news
smile.gif

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
GREAT WORK. this is one fine piece of work, it just adds to the feel of everthing else with wallpaper, i wonder why they dont use this nice wallpaper on homes any more?
blink.gif
tongue.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This looks really great.
I will try it now. I stopped using Pogoshell when I went to Spain as it mysteriously lost some of my .sav's, so this is a great time to give it another try.

squiredog

Trophies
XP
Country
little unsure how to add a background wallpaper...
anyone care to give me any pointers?

Do i add the 240 x 160 bmp into the shell folder?
what do I call the file?

am I completely numb?

please help.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
and fyi, I have modified the source and will be releasing PogoShell 1.2.1-bridge soon enough. I also changed the save handling back to "classic" 1.2. Herg, i believe, has modified it to behave somewhat like 1.3's saves regarding plugins (one save per plugin).

Also, a more modified makefs will be released with 1.2.1-bridge that is more 128mb cartridge friendly; by adding the -128 switch, makefs will create the entire Pogoshell file system first, then add the gbc2gba.gb file.

(for technical minded people, the way the modified makefs works is to just put the gbc2gba.gb file at the final 32kb of the first 128mb. This sucked for 128mb card owners, as Pogoshell always has to write its file system at the end. Now that will be fixed)

AutoPrime

GBAtemp bum
Trophies
Website
invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
i also have no clue how to add backrounds...i even tried addin the extra themes they give u..step by step instructions pleasssssssssssse
smile.gif

thanks guys

p.s. i tried like 5 times and im tired of writing the rom onto my gba. thanks again

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I never knew he was working on another version of 1.2, damn this is cool. I'll be using this from now on! Wallpapers is a REALLY good idea. Thanx so much Herg.

*EDIT* urrr how do you add a wallpaper? do you rezise and image to 240x160 then wall it wallpaper.bmp and put it in the shell folder? (just a guess)

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
some answers:

QUOTE said:
Dose anybodie know if this works with the wise cards?

not sure..but probably NOT... i would be happy if someone can try it out and post the test.

QUOTE said:
Does it work with EZF Advance cards?

it does not work, you may want to try version 1.3 instead.

QUOTE said:
urrr how do you add a wallpaper?

adding a wallpaper is very simple...
first of all the icons.bmp in the .shell directory must contain both the wallpaper and the icons now (while it contained the icons alone in the previous version)
here is an example:
icons.gif

note:this file is a gif image only for showing purpose, while the icons.bmp should be a bitmap file.

then you have to edit the gui.cfg file (with notepad for example) , there you will find the strings to put the parametres in...

this is the example of my gui.cfg

CODE
tb_height=14
bg_height=132
sb_height=14
wb_height=0
icon_width=16
icon_height=15
fgcolor=0
bgcolor=15
num_icons=14
icons=.shell/icons.bmp
font=fonts/nokia.font

the bg_height=132 is the actual height of the wallpaper

IMPORTANT:
as always the icons .bmp file MUST be a .bmp with a 8 bit resolution, with max 256 colors , a higher resolution will return a garbled screen.

FlashAdv

Lord of the Rings Online
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
this new pogoshell theme rocks
smile.gif
i like it allot.
been waiting for ages on the background thingie.
+ the transparant text just brilliant
smile.gif

Lynx The Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there a 2.0 release once, think it had a lot of bugs or something I know there was a sticky topic but then it got deleted.

That release had wallpaper support as well I never downloaded it though I still use v1.2 but I'll get this, how's the SRAM manager is it still split in 3 different banks, hope so cause that way you can keep track of what saves are in which SRAM Bank.

As for the guy who stopped using PogoShell cause it deleted his save files, MAN IT ONLY DOES THAT once in 5 months, I have it for 9 months now or so and it only happend twice, it's a very rare problem you should use this program IMO it's the best, PogoShell has a wonderful and user friendly interface.

flashermac

Trophies
Website
www.flashermac.netfirms.com
XP
Country
Sorry to disagree with you KiVan, but the icons.bmp does not have to be 240x181, I've made a couple of themes of differrent sizes, eg 240x176 and 240x192. Click the sig for examples.

There may be maximum sizes for each part of the bmp, but I dont know what they are, I presume that as long as what you want to be displayed (eg titlebar, statusbar and wallpaper) adds up to 160, then youre ok. Then your icons could add another 32 or whatever.

Hope this prevents any confusion and helps create some great themes

|fmc|

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry to disagree with you KiVan, but the icons.bmp does not have to be 240x181, I've made a couple of themes of differrent sizes, eg 240x176 and 240x192. Click the sig for examples.

There may be maximum sizes for each part of the bmp, but I dont know what they are, I presume that as long as what you want to be displayed (eg titlebar, statusbar and wallpaper) adds up to 160, then youre ok. Then your icons could add another 32 or whatever.

Hope this prevents any confusion and helps create some great themes

|fmc|
yes you are 100% correct, now i will modify the little faq!!

in fact the important thing is that

tb_height
bg_height
sb_height

sum up to 160 (the height in pixel of the gba screen)

since the lower part of the icons.bmp contains the icons they can be any size high so you can have icons.bmp with 290pixel of height and even more...

hope this is clearer now
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?