Poetic fan-made Zelda anime movie trailer makes us wish it were real

tumblr_ny8prss36o1ru7xafo1_500.jpg

Last week, talented artist Matt Vince released a short trailer for a fictional Zelda anime movie (watch below). The video has already been watched over half a million times, and if you're like us, you'll probably wish it could be turned into an actual movie.

What makes this awesome is that the general artistic direction was deliberately based on that of Studio Ghibli, world famous anime film studio formerly led by Hayao Miyazaki (Porco Rosso, Castle in the sky, Princess Mononoke...). Nintendo, you know what to do!

Watch on Youtube

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
unfortunately, no zelda plot really works in movie format. and if you dont have a zelda plot, it doesn't feel like zelda.
but yes, those were some very nice landscapes they had there.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When pressed for further comment, he replied, "hut, hut, hyah!", and quickly left the area.
When Hyrule News Network asked what this meant his representative Navi replied to the AP with the further clarification of " Hey listen"

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks nice! Although if it's not sanctioned by Ninty then they would shut it down. Just like they did two other fan made movies. Zelda: Sage of Darkness and Zelda: The Hero of Time.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want this. However I've learned that if we want something from Nintendo we're never going to get it ;(
We got bayonetta in smash bros, and wii u exlusive, how many people wanted that? :creep:
In before Nintendo takedown notice
Can they really do that cause it has a name for copyright content? I mean i seen parodies before, was it permission concent to do such things or were people just trying to be creative about something they really liked? It not like it will damage their sales or anything like the 2 fangames from July. :unsure:

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Not poetism detected. Also not really impressive. Mostly still shots and draft animations near the end. Nice for one guy maybe, but that's about it.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
unfortunately, no zelda plot really works in movie format. and if you dont have a zelda plot, it doesn't feel like zelda.
but yes, those were some very nice landscapes they had there.
well, you can't just pick the game and make it a movie in exactly the same way... movies are made to be watched, games to be played XD (duh)
Did you ever read any of the Akira Himekawa's LOZ manga ? I think the way they made the story would fit very well as animation.

Reactions: rodrigogomes

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, you can't just pick the game and make it a movie in exactly the same way... movies are made to be watched, games to be played XD (duh)
Did you ever read any of the Akira Himekawa's LOZ manga ? I think the way they made the story would fit very well as animation.

yes, i read almost all zelda manga. however, they already show how terrible they would work as a movie. its a very serialized retelling of most stories, with sidequests sometimes taking much more room than dungeons or bosses, the heart of a zelda game.
as a show, maybe. but even then...
and i mean, we all know what happened the last time zelda was animated.

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Studio Ghibli animated movies so much! Atleast the ones i havd seen so far (Ponyo, Castle in the sky, Howl's moving castle, Kiki's delivery service, spirited away, my neighbor totoro, arriety ) A collaboration with Nintendo would be cool. The movies ive seen so far have nice morals

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg