Homebrew PocketNES or NESDS?

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard PocketNes just came out with a new version and since it's a new version, I'm slightly leaning towards it but I am still unaware of its compatibilities. Last I heard is that NESDS was the better of the two.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PocketNES has continued development for the past couple of years to improve compatibility, whereas NES DS stopped where it was. NES DS is based off of PocketNES 9.97 which is rather outdated at this point. On the other hand, NES DS is easier to use and has some additional features like rewind and fast-forward that are not available in PocketNES.

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think the newer version of PocketNES has better compatibility than NESDS? I'm still quite unsure of which I want, I mean, fast forward and rewinding NES games seem like a neat little feature but I'm not sold to it yet.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PocketNES does have better compatibility than NES DS, but honestly NES DS runs the vast majority of games perfectly fine. I'd use NES DS except for the very few games that require PocketNES.

Keep in mind the resolution issue as well. PocketNES has to scale the screen more than NES DS does due to running in GBA mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet