PocketNES on EZ Flash IV mini SD

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by LeTep, Sep 9, 2008.

Sep 9, 2008

PocketNES on EZ Flash IV mini SD by LeTep at 2:59 PM (9,284 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. LeTep
    OP

Newcomer LeTep Member

United States
    Hi all. I recently got a gba micro and an ez flash iv. I'm having trouble understanding how to get NES roms to play on the system. I followed instructions on the PocketNES site, but it didn't work. I have all the files and roms, but I can't get them to cooperate into a proper, functioning system when I put it on my flash card.

The menu maker I'm using from the PocketNES site keeps saying that it can't find the pocketnes rom when I try and add everything together.

Is there a better way to go about this, perhaps using a totally different NES emulator for it?

2. dexmix

Member dexmix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you have to have the latest PocketNES.gba in the same directory as menumaker, along with the NES ROMS.

3. LeTep
    OP

Newcomer LeTep Member

United States
    Do I have to rename PocketNES to .gba? I don't remember what it says.

So, put the PocketNES.gba rom and nes roms into a folder? That's the same as a directory?

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you need to inject the pocketnets.gba file with roms...

1) http://www.pocketnes.org/howto.html

do the research, and read alittle.

2) Download Dwedit’s 7/31/08 update: http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/attachment.php?item=238

you won't break anything by experimenting, so read and toy around then ask questions.

finally pocketnes is the #1 best nes emu for the gba/ds to date. dwedit updates it often, he is constantly tweaking it and fixing games for it. there are other options for gba but all are dead long abandoned projects. try reading my slot2 emulation guide (stickied, and in my sig) for more info.

-another world

5. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    very helpful, got my NES to work on my EVI Flash.

Wynd

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    never thought i would see a 3 yr old response replied to.

some of what i said in that post is now outdated. the new nesds updates handle much more than pocketnes does at this point. especially when you consider FDS support, mic support, on-the-fly IPS patching, updated mapper support, etc. however, dwedits pocketnes is more accurate as the updated nesds version is based on really old pocketnes sources (the same as the original nesds). pocketnes hasn't been updated for a while now and does not have the features that the current nesds release does.

at this point i'm not so sure that pocketnes is still the best nes emu, it is the best for GBA tho. =)

i no longer have the slot-2 thread in my sig, but here it is if you want to read it: http://gbatemp.net/t77065-slot2-emulators

-another world