<item id="image008" href="images/8_page_area.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
<item id="image009" href="images/9_page_area.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
<item id="image010" href="images/10_page_area.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
<item id="image011" href="images/11_page_area.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
<item id="image012" href="images/12_page_area.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
<item id="image013" href="images/13_page_area.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
XXX
There is just a line adding for pages.
Actually, multiple manga injection is the only thing on the TODO list, I don't always know how to do it...

BTW What is better quality between JPG and PNG ?
I want see if I can use PNG instead.

Jokes aside here is the most mainstream result
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/30941/whats-the-difference-between-jpg-png-and-gif/

In short
  • PNG is good option for transparency and non-lossy, smaller files. Larger files, not so much, unless you demand non-lossy images.
  • JPG is still the king for photographs and photo-like images on the internet, but be careful, as your file can degrade with every save.

Also "Observe and replicate" is currently the best way to do it.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So with @Asia81 taking their time on this, (not hating on them for that) I decided to take matters somewhat in my own hands and have a shot at it. Whilst I have zero idea how to compile it into a cia, this should at least provide some of you with a minimal form of injection. Note that this as far as I'm aware can only be used to replace images. This guide won't explain how to translate menus, replace the boot image and other stuff. (Mostly because I just can't figure that out.)

1. Download HackingToolkit and decrypt your already installed cia.
  2. Open up the decrypted romfs folder and go into the sample_manga folder and then open the 9782820310460 folder.
  3. Go to the images folder.
  4. Remove all files you find in here. These are the pages that make up the original manga.
  5. Move your files in there. They must be in the jpg format and must follow the following naming scheme: X_page_area.jpg. Replace X with a number in the order you want your files to be shown.
  6. Open up all *.opf files in Notepad++ and reduce (or increase) the amount of pages you need in each section. (So if I inject nine images, I remove all lines that go above nine images.)
  7. Repack romfs using HackingToolkit and use it with HANS. To use a repacked romfs with a HANS shortcut, go here

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,
Reactions: CeeDee and Arubaro

AG_FLT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So with @Asia81 taking their time on this, (not hating on them for that) I decided to take matters somewhat in my own hands and have a shot at it. Whilst I have zero idea how to compile it into a cia, this should at least provide some of you with a minimal form of injection. Note that this as far as I'm aware can only be used to replace images. This guide won't explain how to translate menus, replace the boot image and other stuff. (Mostly because I just can't figure that out.)

1. Download HackingToolkit and decrypt your already installed cia.
  2. Open up the decrypted romfs folder and go into the sample_manga folder and then open the 9782820310460 folder.
  3. Go to the images folder.
  4. Remove all files you find in here. These are the pages that make up the original manga.
  5. Move your files in there. They must be in the jpg format and must follow the following naming scheme: X_page_area.jpg. Replace X with a number in the order you want your files to be shown.
  6. Open up all *.opf files in Notepad++ and reduce (or increase) the amount of pages you need in each section. (So if I inject nine images, I remove all lines that go above nine images.)
  7. Repack romfs using HackingToolkit and use it with HANS. To use a repacked romfs with a HANS shortcut, go here

This is just the basic part anyone is capable of doing without studying the code. The other thing we need to be aware of is adding multiple titles to the program. And adding the translation to it. Translation is the easy part too, tracking down the necessary strings and such. But the piece of code responsible for adding a new title. That one will be complicated...

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is just the basic part anyone is capable of doing without studying the code. The other thing we need to be aware of is adding multiple titles to the program. And adding the translation to it. Translation is the easy part too, tracking down the necessary strings and such. But the piece of code responsible for adding a new title. That one will be complicated...
Some of those Japanese ones have that kind of code build in, or so I heard. Maybe decrypt one of those?

(Also, side question, I was trying to inject the translated Super Metroid manga and I got an invalidated icache error, any suggestions/explanation for why this is happening?)

Jamallou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys ! Well done for your finds, that's awesome ! However I have a little question about the page size : I understand that it must be of 800x1200, but how does it work for double pages ? Are we obliged to separate them into two separate pages ?

PS : I would surely get along without, but how's going the application to inject automatically manga ? And the tutorial ? Thank you again for your work, it's so great !

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys ! Well done for your finds, that's awesome ! However I have a little question about the page size : I understand that it must be of 800x1200, but how does it work for double pages ? Are we obliged to separate them into two separate pages ?

PS : I would surely get along without, but how's going the application to inject automatically manga ? And the tutorial ? Thank you again for your work, it's so great !
You are obliged to serparate them. The application is currently on hold as @Asia81 had to send in their n3ds for repairs. The guide/tutorial thingy will be posted on this thread instead: https://gbatemp.net/threads/bigwip-tutorial-universal-injection-vc-mangas.417661/ . The little guide I wrote up should at least work for minimal injection. (No translated menus/icons, only pages are changed.

(PS: Someone on that iso site did it without help from @Asia81. Can't link to it for obvious reasons, but you might want to ask them about it.)

EDIT: I also fixed the invalidated icache error. I was injecting code.bin when it wasn't needed.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,
Reactions: Asia81 and Arubaro

Jamallou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok ok, it's a shame but not dramatic either. I'll try to do something with what I know. Thank you for your advice anyway ! :D

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok ok, it's a shame but not dramatic either. I'll try to do something with what I know. Thank you for your advice anyway ! :D
Shame :mellow: ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The application is currently on hold as @Asia81 had to send in their n3ds for repairs.
If I have luck, my n3ds should be back this week

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For now I don't have any problems to translate. I hope it will continue like that.

Could a native english speaker PM me, for check my english, and give me help for the future?
Thanks!

1465358471-1.png
1465358467-2.png
1465358473-3.png

1465358471-4.png
1465358471-5.png

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The hard coded UI is now translated.
Now I need to translate other things, such as "Page Suivante (Next Page)"
But they are coded in PNG, so I don't know which font I could use.
Any idea of a good font?

Reactions: Bedel

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not really, it's not what I wanted, actually.
I wanted edit the "Tome" index "Tome 1", "Tome 2", etc...
I figured out where the number is stored, but if I edit it, these "Tome -1" things appear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.