notnarb

Not narbing it up
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So far I'm very surprised at how easy it is to read with the screen, viewing gbatemp is just fine. The keyboard has it's quirks, such as the up key taking up half of what the shift key should be, but I imagine I'll get used to it. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me (leaving for somewhere soon though)

notnarb

Not narbing it up
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
everyone is waiting for the new improved model now.
Yes,, they are waiting
wink2.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I may start buying these for my employees and let them rotate between this and the Vaios? Question... USB mouse, USB Keyboards, ect will these on this device?

Mainly they just spam websites so Firefox is all I need....however they sometimes use a bot...which is Windows only...so my next question is... how hard is it to get Windows on the box if need be?

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Is the screen like the old Gameboy (AKA like when you move the mouse fast it leaves a trail)? If not, this would be awesome for like Doom and Wolf 3d..
biggrin.gif

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I may start buying these for my employees and let them rotate between this and the Vaios? Question... USB mouse, USB Keyboards, ect will these on this device?

Mainly they just spam websites so Firefox is all I need....however they sometimes use a bot...which is Windows only...so my next question is... how hard is it to get Windows on the box if need be?

What do you do for work
blink.gif
!?

Keeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

These things have 3 USB ports on them, so yeah can use KBs & Mice, also windows installs pretty easily, you just need to either have a USB disc drive or you can install it from a USB stick like I did for my gf's. I used nlite to get a nice trimmed version of XP so it takes up less space then the default linux that comes on it

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also with a little bit of modding, you can add two extra usb ports to the inside. (Google it)

The idea is to do that and use a mini bluetooth plug to give the eeepc bluetooth, and get a 8 or 16 or even 32GB usbdrive to dump your extra crap

Anyways: me waiting for new eeepc. If i can mod it to do the above ima get it =D

notnarb

Not narbing it up
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
whats the video memory on it ?

processor speed ?
Intel GMA 900 (integrated) - 128MB

the processor is rated at 900MHZ but factory settings has it downclocked to 667MHZ (which can be changed with a change to the bios)

the screen's resolution is 800x480, which is a smaller resolution then most monitors (see: monitors made after '95), which helps it play games faster due to less need for VRAM

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
higher resolution with the 8.9 or 10" and i'm in. let's go.

And yes, I check Digg and eeeuser.com waiting for either of those to come out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended