PMD: Gates to Infinity is jumping up in price on Amazon

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Zevzamzi, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Zevzamzi
    OP

Zevzamzi Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2015
    United States
    Why is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity slowly creeping up in price every week on Amazon? It was $61 last week and now $75! Its certainly not rare or anything, and the new Mystery Dungeon game just came out, so why? It should be going down in price if anything. I bought it for $24 on ebay since it was so high on Amazon. Did they find a hacking use for it like with Cubic Ninja? What would make the sellers on Amazon push a three year old pretty ok game's price higher then brand new Wii U games like Smash or Splatoon?

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Is it actually from Amazon, or from Amazon resellers?

3. Zevzamzi
    OP

Zevzamzi Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2015
    United States
    Its the actual price currently listed new on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pokémon-Mystery-Dungeon-Infinity-nintendo-3ds/dp/B00AYABWYE other sellers have it new at $69 and used ones are going for $30. I'm completely boggled at how these sellers decided on this, and it keeps going up! And whats weird is that the newer one that just came out is going $50 brand new, which is normal. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    It's from a reseller.
    If there was a Cubic Ninja-like use for this game, it'd be all over this site, which it isn't. Maybe people saw there was a new game coming out, so they figured they'd play the previous installment first, which caused supply to go down and the price to go up to compensate? But, if you checked the seller you're currently quoting, you'll see they sell a lot of games at exorbitant prices, fwiw.

5. Zevzamzi
    OP

Zevzamzi Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2015
    United States
    Oh wow, you're right, that seller is also selling bravely default for $79! How awful that their listing for the game is the default listing that shows on on amazon when you search for it. I mean the game is good, I've loved all the PMD games, but certainly not anywhere as good as that price suggests!

6. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    I don't ever see pokemon games going rare. They just do a good job holding their value

7. Karuta

Karuta

Nov 4, 2015
    I got this for €5 ($5.31) in Tesco like a year ago.

8. Trolling

Trolling This Username is taken. Problem?

Jul 29, 2012
    Netherlands
    Behind you
    New Entrypoint confirmed? :ph34r:

9. Quincy

Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Nov 13, 2008
    Netherlands
    Your house, robbing your stuff
    Yes but it only works if user is an Oomah-Loompah from Willy Wankers' sperm factory

10. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    Nintendo games that don't suck usually go up in value as time goes on.