PM system screws up BBcode a lot.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, this has been around for a while; bugs me and several others, but in the past, Costello hasn't been affected by it and couldn't reproduce it.
unsure.gif

In fact, I made a thread mentioning the same problem a long time ago: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=224366

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought this was just how it worked...

It is very annoying, and should have been fixed long ago.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
I've asked this to Costello a few times already, but he says he can't reproduce the problem and that it happens to random people.
mellow.gif

Random people? :wtf:
I must be one of the unlucky ones.
It's annoying having to go back and edit out the screwed up parts, just so it looks all clean and not so messy.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
_Chaz_ said:
I always thought this was just how it worked...

It is very annoying, and should have been fixed long ago.
Why would this just be how it worked?
blink.gif

Considering it's not actually working, per se...

phoenixgoddess27 said:
QUOTE(tj_cool @ Jan 22 2011, 04:57 AM) I've asked this to Costello a few times already, but he says he can't reproduce the problem and that it happens to random people.
mellow.gif

Random people? :wtf:
I must be one of the unlucky ones.
It's annoying having to go back and edit out the screwed up parts, just so it looks all clean and not so messy.
Yeah, sometimes I actually reform the code to maintain the formatting, other times I just delete it.

Could he make another account until he finds one it does affect? If that doesn't work I'd volunteer mine for testing if need be; it really bugs me.
ohnoes.png

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Yeah, this has been around for a while; bugs me and several others, but in the past, Costello hasn't been affected by it and couldn't reproduce it.
unsure.gif
The reason that he can't reproduce it is because he's above normal user status, and because of that he can use HTML himself and it will display properly for him and the recipient.

(that should make sense...)(That's the product of a several-pm-long conversation I had with a mod once...

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jceggbert5 said:
ProtoKun7 said:
unsure.gif
The reason that he can't reproduce it is because he's above normal user status, and because of that he can use HTML himself and it will display properly for him and the recipient.

(that should make sense...)(That's the product of a several-pm-long conversation I had with a mod once...
No, the HTML stays unparsed, so it has no use to anyone other than making a mess. Among others it also affects tj_cool and mthrnite, and mthrnite's a Supervisor.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone should donate their account to Costello for a greater good
happy.gif

Lots of variables could be affecting it, considering that Costello tried creating a new regular account and it didn't happen, he should try using someone else's account to see if it can be reproduced or not. Maybe it has something to do with a cookie stored on a computer =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs