Hacking PLz help stuck in WADS install

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone I just got a new wii its on 4.2U and I have followed ModMii Guide perfectly But it seem like I hit a road block I am on this step

5) INSTALL WADS
============

Load Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) via the HomeBrew Channel.
If IOS236 is not already loaded, select "Load another IOS", then select IOS236

Note: If this step fails with error -ret 2011 or other, you may need to retry patching IOS236. If the Wii was previously softmodded, you can try loading cIOS250 (or others like 202,222,223,224,236,249)

In Multi-Mod Manager's main menu, go down to select "WAD Manager".

Install the following WADs from the WAD folder (this list of WADs is unique to how you answered the Wizard's questions).

Be careful not to install any additional wads that may have been previously saved in this folder (they may be safe, but I cannot say for sure).

Hold + for 2 seconds to select all the WADs in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all.
If any files fail to install properly, they will remain marked for installation, so just retry installing those files.

Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP])
* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6
* cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6
* Mii-Channel-NUS-v6
* Photo-Channel-1.1-NUS-v3
* Shopping-Channel-NUS-v20
* Opera-Internet-Channel-NUS
* Weather-Channel-NUS-v7
* NEWS-Channel-NUS-v7
* RVL-mios-v10
* IOS9-64-v1034
* IOS12-64-v526
* IOS13-64-v1032
* IOS14-64-v1032
* IOS15-64-v1032
* IOS17-64-v1032
* IOS21-64-v1039
* IOS22-64-v1294
* IOS28-64-v1807
* IOS31-64-v3608
* IOS33-64-v3608
* IOS34-64-v3608
* IOS35-64-v3608
* IOS36-64-v3608
* IOS37-64-v5663
* IOS38-64-v4124
* IOS41-64-v3607
* IOS43-64-v3607
* IOS45-64-v3607
* IOS46-64-v3607
* IOS48-64-v4124
* IOS53-64-v5663
* IOS55-64-v5663
* IOS56-64-v5662
* IOS57-64-v5919
* IOS58-64-v6176
* IOS61-64-v5662
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.elf
Notes: IOS58 is required to launch apps from an SD Card and hard drives formatted as
FAT32, NTFS, ext2, ext3 and ext4. It also supports meta.xml arguments
and is able to launch apps with direct hardware access.
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii without relying on a disc based exploit

Problem is when I click on WAD Manager it says on the bottom " Error Mounting Device: SD " I select the storage device but I always get the same error. I am using a Patriot 4gb SD card which has worked prefectly fine till now. Also I have made sure to select ISO236. I am going insane trying to find out what I am doing wrong ? Please someone help

Thanks

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not right now why think that's the problem ? If that's the case I will get another one tomarrow question is witch one you recommend that I get that will work for sure and its cheap ?

Thanks

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe all 4gb+ sds are sdhc, correct? It could be a problem with SDHC compatibility. If it's not the pysical SD problem, it could be the cIOS you're using.

You didn't happen to slide the write lock on the sd card to "lock" did you?

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope the lock is off and you are right I just noticed that my card is a sdhc card not a sd card. Guess I have to go buy a sd card tomorrow. One last question how big do I need to get it is 4gb ok ? Can you recommend me one ?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jgdsl said:
Nope the lock is off and you are right I just noticed that my card is a sdhc card not a sd card. Guess I have to go buy a sd card tomorrow. One last question how big do I need to get it is 4gb ok ? Can you recommend me one ?

Well I'm not 100% sure if it's the actual SD card problem, it wouldn't hurt to install your cIOS again or try installing another one. But 4GB+ is SDHC I believe, so any card 2gb or smaller should work, they aren't too pricey

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean intall my ciso agian you mean this step

3) INSTALL A PATCHED IOS236
========================

Start the Homebrew Channel.

VERY IMPORTANT!
In the Homebrew channel, if you do not have a working internet connection already set up, you will see an icon flashing in the bottom right corner of the screen indicating its inability to initialize the network. You MUST wait for the icon to stop flashing OR let it flash for 30-60 seconds before proceeding otherwise these apps will error shortly after being launched. If you encounter this harmless error, power off the Wii and repeat this step from the beginning. To increase your chances of success, add a working internet connection to your Wii via the official Wii Settings Menu, but be sure to say "No" when asked to perform an update.

You only need to perform ONE of the below methods.

Method A: Using IOS236 Installer
--------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer v5 MOD".
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

It should say "IOS236 installation is complete!" and return to The Homebrew Channel.

If you experience errors, keep trying and it should eventually work.
If you continue to experience errors you can try using Simple IOS Patcher instead.
Once either method successfully installs IOS236, you can move onto the next step.

Method B: Using Simple IOS Patcher
----------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer".
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

Choose "IOS36" (already selected by default) and push A,
Select "Install IOS to slot" and choose 236,
Select "Install patched IOS36" leaving the 4 patches set to "yes" and press A,
Choose "Load IOS from SD card".

Confirm your choice with the A button,
When prompted, push A to continue the installation.
When the installation is over you'll be back at the Main Menu,
Then push B button to exit.

If you continue to experience errors you can try using IOS236 Installer instead.
Once either method successfully installs IOS236, you can move onto the next step.

Remember my wii is brand new its the first time I have ever modded it

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jgdsl said:
what do you mean intall my ciso agian you mean this step

3) INSTALL A PATCHED IOS236
========================

Start the Homebrew Channel.

VERY IMPORTANT!
In the Homebrew channel, if you do not have a working internet connection already set up, you will see an icon flashing in the bottom right corner of the screen indicating its inability to initialize the network. You MUST wait for the icon to stop flashing OR let it flash for 30-60 seconds before proceeding otherwise these apps will error shortly after being launched. If you encounter this harmless error, power off the Wii and repeat this step from the beginning. To increase your chances of success, add a working internet connection to your Wii via the official Wii Settings Menu, but be sure to say "No" when asked to perform an update.

You only need to perform ONE of the below methods.

Method A: Using IOS236 Installer
--------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer v5 MOD".

It should say "IOS236 installation is complete!" and return to The Homebrew Channel.

If you continue to experience errors you can try using Simple IOS Patcher instead.

Method B: Using Simple IOS Patcher
----------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer".

Choose "IOS36" (already selected by default) and push A,
Select "Install IOS to slot" and choose 236,
Select "Install patched IOS36" leaving the 4 patches set to "yes" and press A,
Choose "Load IOS from SD card".

Confirm your choice with the A button,
When prompted, push A to continue the installation.
When the installation is over you'll be back at the Main Menu,
Then push B button to exit.

If you continue to experience errors you can try using IOS236 Installer instead.
Remember my wii is brand new its the first time I have ever modded it

Yeah it wouldn't hurt to try, but come to think of it, I don't think MMM reads SDHC

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea I think my problem it my sdhc card I will get a 2gb card tomorrow see what will happen

Thanks for the help

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one question before i head out and buy a sd card can I use my USB external driver to install the wad files without it causing harm to my wii as I see there is a usb drive option for installing the wads ? ? ?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try an use yawmm.. if you can get it or got it, it will read the card just fine.. use 223 or any high cios with fake sign. or yes you can use usb hd . just add wad folder an add wads to it.

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow thanks for your answer but I have no idea what yawmm is sorry bt I am new to all of this but can you explain in more detail plz

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I the yawmm installed and tried it out and same thing got an error -ret so I guess I need a new sd card ?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs