Hacking Plugins

Dagnabulous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm sure I must be doing something wrong.
For reference:
I'm using a brand new Supercard DSTWO
SD card is a Sandisk Ultra 16GB

I'n not seeing the folder "_dstwoplug"
Here's exactly what I have done.

1. Connected SD card reader (with microSD card) to computer
2. Downloaded latest EOS (DSTWO EOS v1.11_2012_1224_eng)
3. Extracted EOS (with 7-zip)
4. Copied extracted files to MicroSD card

Inserting the Cart into the 3DS XL (OS V 4.4.0-10U) , cart loads, with the first tile labeled "DS_GAME",
All other tiles are just question marks.

Now I'm looking at the file structure, and at the root I have "_dstwo" and "ds2boot.dat"
Going through all folders and sub-folders, I don't see the "_dstwoplug"

There is a "plug" sub folder with 18 .bmp files and a language.txt

A couple of the plugins I've downloaded have a "_dstwoplug" folder, and others just have
the .bmp and .ini files.

All the tutorial vids are either based on old versions, or don't go through all of the steps. I'd rather check on here risk sounding stupid, then risk doing something wrong and effing up my shiny new cart.

I think I covered everything... any help would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll cover them as well as I can. For further reference, the last gameboy I owned was a gameboy color, and I just got my new 3DS XL today, so I'm new to this.

Dagnabulous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get the plugins installed in the right place. The directory that is specified on the plugins wiki is not in the newest version of the DSTWO software. While some of the plugins say they should be dropped in the root folder, others specify a folder I cannot find in the newest version of EOS.

Dagnabulous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I tried just created the _dstwoplug folder, then copying all three files for each system in. It worked.

So anyone reading this, just create that folder in the root directory, then copy the .bmp + .ini + (.plg or .nds) into that folder.

Still I wonder why that folder isn't in the newest OS download.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I tried just created the _dstwoplug folder, then copying all three files for each system in. It worked.

So anyone reading this, just create that folder in the root directory, then copy the .bmp + .ini + (.plg or .nds) into that folder.

Still I wonder why that folder isn't in the newest OS download.
I think they just assume you'll be downloading one of their plugins or something, because AFAIK all of the plugins on Supercard's site have _dstwoplug.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.