Hardware Pls suggest sites to purchase (J) 3DS

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The plastic disk of my wife's 3DS LL (not the rubber pad on top, but the hard plastic disk under it) has broken, rendering the console effectively dead. It also has a broken hinge where the plastic housing cracked and crumbled, but believe it or not I was able to repair that with packaging tape and epoxy. Anyway, it's about had it, and its time to replace it. We bought it in Japan on vacation. That's not happening again until summer '18, so I need an online source. Those I have found are overpriced and have ridiculous shipping costs. Suggestions??

and btw, not worried about firmware versions and etc. My wife is only into a few games, Animal Crossing and some weird (J) games and such, which she already has on her dying 3DS LL. We just need a new Japan console and run system transfer.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
The plastic disk of my wife's 3DS LL (not the rubber pad on top, but the hard plastic disk under it) has broken, rendering the console effectively dead. It also has a broken hinge where the plastic housing cracked and crumbled, but believe it or not I was able to repair that with packaging tape and epoxy. Anyway, it's about had it, and its time to replace it. We bought it in Japan on vacation. That's not happening again until summer '18, so I need an online source. Those I have found are overpriced and have ridiculous shipping costs. Suggestions??

and btw, not worried about firmware versions and etc. My wife is only into a few games, Animal Crossing and some weird (J) games and such, which she already has on her dying 3DS LL. We just need a new Japan console and run system transfer.

Play-asia is reliable

EDIT: There is also Amazon.jp they ship worldwide

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What do you mean about plastic disc? Are you refering to the circle pad pro?

If you are, you can simple buy it from anywhere as long as it is for the same type fo console (3DS LL)
Region as nothing to do with it.

Just as an exemple, this is a Portuguese site but search on ebay USA or other shop in the same way:
http://www.dualchip.pt/dualchip/4373-joystick-para-nintendo-3ds-3ds-xl-2ds-5061.html
joystick-para-nintendo-3ds-3ds-xl-2ds-5061.jpg

http://www.dualchip.pt/dualchip/4533-capa-de-analogico-para-nintendo-3ds-3ds-xl-2ds-5221.html
capa-de-analogico-para-nintendo-3ds-3ds-xl-2ds-5221.jpg

Here is the USA amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...joystick+replacement&sprefix=3ds+joys,aps,256

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean about plastic disc? Are you refering to the circle pad pro?

No, not the circle pad pro. The main circlepad for her 3DS. But looks like you might have just saved me a bunch of money and trouble.

Yeah, that might do it. What happened is that the rubber disk your thumb touches is actually wrapped around a shallow cupped plastic disc. That plastic disc cracked into pieces, still has about half a circle intact. I epoxied the rubber disk to the half-circle that remains of the plastic disc. But it looks like that plastic disk can pop off the actual stick and be replaced. I'm on it. Thanks!

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got it now. I need the nub assembly only, not the square "stick w/ ribbon cable" part. I won't even need to detach the ribbon cable from the mobo.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've got it now. I need the nub assembly only, not the square "stick w/ ribbon cable" part. I won't even need to detach the ribbon cable from the mobo.

Have you got it assembled yet? :)

And yes, all you need to do is unscrew the two screws that hold the "circle pad joystick", lift it gentle to the side and remove the broken plastic "thingy".
Then put the new one.

Good luck.

P.S: Here's a single page from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Vivi-Audio®-...4957&sr=8-4&keywords=3ds+joystick+replacement

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you got it assembled yet? :)

Just ordered the part yesterday. I'm not concerned about the procedure, I've been taking Nintendo handhelds apart since the GBA-SP (fixing shoulder buttons). A couple years ago I made this frankenDS out of a couple broken ones. (pics) This circle pad thing is no problem. First time I've bought a replacement part like this though. Didn't know they were available.

ygD58jQ.jpg

KvfBauZ.jpg

ilbcmiQ.jpg

Reactions: cravas

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got the replacement circle pad and installed it last night. Piece of cake. Didn't need to detach any ribbon cables to do it either (i.e. shoulder button cables and circle pad module cable all left connected throughout). So if you watch a youtube video that tells you to pull those ribbon cables just to replace the circle pad itself, don't do it. If you're replacing the square circle pad module itself, then obviously it has to be detached for replacement. But you should still not need to pull the shoulder button ribbon cables. Don't disassemble things that don't need to be disassembled lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Certified Nin10yearold (tm) +1