Pleeeaase help me before I buy

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by sm1988, May 3, 2008.

May 3, 2008

Pleeeaase help me before I buy by sm1988 at 1:41 AM (1,247 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. sm1988
    OP

Newcomer sm1988 Member

United States
    I know there are tons of other post on this and the gba temp wiki (freaking awesome by the way) but I need some personalized advice on the ez flash expansion. first I know about the gba exploder app and that I will need it but how long does it take for a gba game to load and how easy is it to get to the gba menu from the dstt or ysmenu? I would just like to know of some tips and if any body has really stream lined the process before I buy one because if it is to much of a pain and a clunky experience I will just stick with gba emulation on my psp. thanks in advance guys.

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you have a DSTT I would recommend the eWin 2in1 rather than the EZ 3in1, although both will work. The eWin is cheaper (psxboy.com has them for around $14 shipped) and has some support for it built into the menu system (and might possibly have more in the future). The GBA expansion pack that is sometimes bundled with the DSTT is the eWin one.

With YSMenu, you can run a GBA game just by clicking on it (just like a NDS game).

With TTMenu (the official DSTT menu) you have to run GBA ExpLoader, which will present you with a list of all your GBA games that are on your DSTT and let you load one. Really, not very difficult.

GBA games load fairly quickly (similar in speed to regular NDS games -- maybe a little slower).

-Bri

3. sm1988
    OP

Newcomer sm1988 Member

United States
    great info bri thanks! going to check out the ewin

4. cucho565

Newcomer cucho565 Member

Mexico
    If you are looking for only gba emulation you a can a flash cart for gba only, like the EFA Linker and you can get in http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10447 but its only for gba roms ant the service it will take a little but you will get the item

5. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    To transfer a game from a Slot 1 to the EZ3in1 NOR takes just around 2 minutes. Saving to the PSRAM is faster, but the game is erased when you power down the DS. The GBA Exploder cart will basicly give you the full functionality of the 3in1 on any Slot1 device. Also if you don't feel like loading it up every time, you can patch games to have Rumble support and the DS Browser to work with the RAM in the 3in1 without loading the GBA Exploder.

6. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

I would recommend sticking to YSmenu and totally ditch the official one, you don'tv even have to boot Exploader this way. Get 3in1 if you cares about rumble in your NDS games, YSmenu supports it fairly well. However, Ez 3in1 only have 16MB PSRAM, meaning games above 16MB must be flashed into NOR before you can play it, that can take quite a while and it is my only gripe, but then again, these large games are rare.

7. apocalypticvisio

Member apocalypticvisio GBAtemp Regular

United States
    get the ewin, it's faster for gba loads, you dun really need the rumble, and if you want it, just spare 4 bucks at some site that carries the ewin rumble....that's what i did....hardly use rumble to begin with...