Gaming Please!

StoianAlexander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi everyone.i recently softmoded my 4.3e wii with letterbomb.now i burn a game with imgburn on a verbatim dvd-r with 2,4x speed.i insert the dvd in wii,and launch neogamma.i press a on launch dvd and i receive:"dvd err(1208),disc id - drive date... - most likely no dvd-r`s possible".what to do? :((

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everyone.i recently softmoded my 4.3e wii with letterbomb.now i burn a game with imgburn on a verbatim dvd-r with 2,4x speed.i insert the dvd in wii,and launch neogamma.i press a on launch dvd and i receive:"dvd err(1208),disc id - drive date... - most likely no dvd-r`s possible".what to do? :((

In the latest NeoGamma the text is changed, it's not most likely, it's 99.9% sure. I got 1 report saying otherwise, but it wasn't really trustworthy.

Also, can somebody explain to me why this burn slow tale is still being told? 2.4x is not even a valid DVD-R burn speed, which means it's guaranteed to create bad burns this way. On DVD+Rs it would be fine ... if it wasn't too slow for recent media.

Did you install a cIOS? Is your disc drive old enough to play disc backups?

With the latest NeoGamma, it would identify if no cIOS is installed. The error message would be "DVD-R + no cIOS?". But this is not the latest NeoGamma version....

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This isn't a chatroom, dude. Please take your time to read all that's asked and reply with full sentences. In fact, you could try doing some research before making threads like this.

Wiis that can read backup disks become rather rare. The new ones (and "new" is anything after mid 2008...so all the non-white wiis and all the ones with 4.3 preinstalled count as such) cannot read backup disks, no matter what*.

It doesn't even matter that much because USB drives are plain all-round better in all regards. Do some searching around on this forum, decide that modmii is the way to go, and use that to softmod your wii properly.

The latest neogamma is beta 53 at moment of writing, but once again: it won't be able to overwrite the physical features of your wii's DVD-drive.

*okay, unless you change the physical drive. But that's an exception

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x058JFZrlhU&pp=ygUMREJaIGFicmlkZ2Vk