please tell me if this is a good deal

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by psywolf, Aug 28, 2009.

Aug 28, 2009
  1. psywolf
    OP

Member psywolf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    title suppose to say "my psp owning dream" I put me lol

here is the add that was posted on craigslist in my area

this psp has the old games on the memory card. nintendo, super nintendo, sega, and gba. also has a couple of psp games on it also. hair line scratches on screen, small scuff on right bottom. DOES NOT LOOK BAD!! its fully charged now for play but i dont have a charger. the charger is 5 bucks on ebay! 2gb memory card. ready to play right now! thanks (a modded psp is designed to play all your movies and games from the memory card. or just play it normal and put your disc in just as the day your bought it!)

reply to my email

its modded just as the listing says. its not a slim psp 2000. its a psp 1001 with the infared that you can change your tv channels with. thanks curtis

please tell me if this psp is worth buying for what I want it for
    I'd like to to be able to play snes and sega and pc engine games that work without bugs (ds snes and sega emulators suck)
    also be able to play ps1 games and if possible psp game backups up to the current library

2. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    yeah, this would probably work... but you cant really play much for pc games on a psp (well there is doom, and a few other ported dos games...) you can boot up windows 95 with dosbox though =P (its hella slow)

for psp emulation theres gba, gameboy/gbc, n64 (it sucks) ps1 master system(genesis) seems to work good, and ive only played a couple of snes games, but it seemed to work ok. and i think i heard somewhere that there is a sega saturn emu too.

anyone know the name of the saturn emulator? does it work well?

3. Rogue Trader

Member Rogue Trader GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Depends on the price really, if you can get it for a good price, and don't mind the inherent risk, go for it. Otherwise, buy a second hand one and sort it out yourself-it's not hard, and there are loads of guides.

The PSP plays most SNES games, Sega is pretty good, PS1 is excellent, GBA is excellent, PC-mmm, not really, and N64-some, but not well.

I mostly use it for SNES and GBA, which it does excellently.

Whatever you decide, the PSP is a fantastic wee machine, and you won't regret getting one!

4. psywolf
    OP

United States
    when I said pc engine I ment TurboGrafx-16 games like bonk I bought a few on my wii and they were quit fun

hes selling it for $90
    and its a model 1001 which is the original phat version right? I was worried the older version might not be up to par with the 2000 slim version
    as long as the phat does the same as the slim i don't care

with a moded psp can you do a firmware upgrade when psp updates them cause when I do buy it I don't want to wipe the modding away

what would totally rock is if the psp had an emulator for rpgmaker 98-xp because I have quit a few rpgmaker games like a zelda and kirby rpg I'd like to be able to play on the go

5. themuddaload

United States
    ah, well if you mean the old computers, then ya i think i've seen Amiga emus and such, never used them though.

yes 100x psp's are the original phat version. the 1 on the end is just the region code, not a revision number etc.

6. psywolf
    OP

United States
    as long as a modded phat does the same as a modded slim I'm good then

7. themuddaload

United States
    yes they both can do the same thing, only major difference being the IR thingy on the fat.

1000's can do the same things as a 2000 can, except for video out. psp 2000's are just sexier

8. justinefremlouw

Member justinefremlouw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well, slims are lighter, have video out, and most importantly, have double the RAM...that means they can process faster, which is needed for some homebrew (like some parts of IR Shell), or web browsing activities...I went with a phat myself because some slims can't be hacked properly and I didn't want to deal with that XP plus it's cheaper

9. Kosaic

Member Kosaic GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I purchased a Slim 2000 (Silver) yesterday for $40.00cdn ... Had battery, charger and PSP ... In near mint shape.

Modded it in all of 5 minutes .... (All of the software he lists is downloadable and free)

I did have to purchase a 4GB memory card, $25.00

So @ 90.00 , tad expensive in my mind.

10. justinefremlouw

Member justinefremlouw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    whoa buddy, idk where you got it, but here in US, PSP 1001 used are selling for $99.99. A 4GB magicgate card is $40.00 Not to mention you also need a USB data cable...

11. themuddaload

United States
    umyeah, im guessing that was a hot psp u bought for 40cad... or the person selling it was a complete moron...

12. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    bought my Slim psp with a charger,Case,2GB Sony memorystick and GTA LCS for 107 euro's not a too bad deal because it was abouth 6 months old [​IMG]

13. themuddaload

United States
    i got mine for my psp1000, a DSTT, and a 4gb microsd card =P

14. psywolf
    OP

United States
    ok well the guy sdelling the modded psp faked me out by saying he would wait till the 3rd for me to come up with funds
    and I guess sold it and now won't answer my calls

theres a guy selling the same psp 1000 with the car and usb charger with a carry case and 3 memory cards and the speakers for 120

can you still mod the phat version? I found this site can I buy a phat pandoras battery from here with the magic stick and follow that video?
    http://www.pspmod.com/shop/index.php

edit
    i guess that guy answered my question with were it says compatable with phat and slim this guys giving me 3 memory cards so do i just buy the battery or is the magic memory stick what i need with the firmware on it?

15. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Lol the only PSPs that had ALL versions hackable were the Phats, so yes you can hack them.

16. psywolf
    OP

United States
    i'm just excited to finaly get one and complete my cycle of owning every top gaming system out there today

except the dsi i'm sticking to my lite till it gets more dsiware games worth buying

17. moose3

Member moose3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You know.... Hearing a hacked PSP being sold fully charged without a charger as well that the fact that the guy has 'pre-loaded' some roms and iso's just screams "Stolen" to me. Just like an open box PSP 2000 means someone already bought this, and found out it was one you couldn't permanently hack.

18. psywolf
    OP

United States
    yeah well forget them i'm getting a phat tomorrow from someone for a good deal [​IMG]

please tell me what you think the best site is to buy a pandora battery kit

i'm looking at pspmods.com

but heard good things from dealxtreme

anyone else have a better option

19. ohoni

Newcomer ohoni Advanced Member

United States
    Hey, are the God of War versions 100% moddable, or are they a mixed bag too?

20. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    The God of War versions aren't 100%, more like 99% hackable, Ive heard of only one, maybe two that were unhackable out of the 100s Ive heard of.