Hacking Please, see if my Wii got a Modchip or not.

abfullbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought a Wii that are giving me headaches. Some games don't work correctly, other freeze. I bought it as SOFTMOD (I wanted virgin, but the seller didn't had one). So, I accepcted.

But, I got suspicious my wii has a modchip inside it. First, it got a little mark in the back of it (in the support that you have to take out to open the console). I assumed that it was a tool mark, than, someone opened it.

Second, AND MORE IMPORTANT. I updated throught the guide in this forum, and, after that, it still running games throught the main channel. Well, I tought that someone should have installed CIOSCORP in it. Tried to unnistall, but... no success. Still running. BUT, LAST PART, i burned a F-zero backup and... it RUNS.

So, than I kinda of was convinced. If I could run a gamecube backup throught the menu, than I got a modchipped for sure, RIGHT? Could you confirm this to me? Because I am returning, and this is one of my points to get a new Wii...

Waiting for some answer... thanks...

- Just to remind : My wii is updated to 4.2U, run Wii and GC backups using the menu... don't seem to be Cioscorp installed...

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, he could have installed a CMIOS, so it's hard to tell.
Download the latest MIOS using NUSD and install it over your current MIOS. if gamecube backups run afterwards, it's modchipped

abfullbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I selected Pack -> Wad MIOS-64-v10.wad. Installed the wad with Wad Manager. Still running. Than, MODCHIPPED?

Did I do it right?

abfullbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you a lot fivex. Can't wait for the work to get a new wii... :/

Gonna get back to the Left 4 Dead for while...

Thanks again.

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abfullbr said:
Thank you a lot fivex. Can't wait for the work to get a new wii... :/

Gonna get back to the Left 4 Dead for while...

Thanks again.
Wait, why does it matter?

palasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe hes like me when i put my modchip in. i played so many burned (read:legal backups of) games that i think i pretty much killed the poor laser. it still reads retails games, but it chugs slowly along on even verbatim and taiyo yuden discs.

welp, thank god for usb loaders
wink.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May as well hold onto the chipped Wii. After all, you have better GCN backup loading support with it than without. Everything else you can run via USB and bypass the chip entirely.

abfullbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Wii gave a lot of headaches. I freeze in some games, in the menu.

I didn't want a modified Wii, because I tought that it could screw it up. Than I speciffically asked for a not modchip one. He claimed to be softmod, so he lied.

I bought my wii last month, 3 games already didn't work (I tried 6 versions of de blob... ALL OF THEM FREEZES. I tried on my sister wii... no problem).

So, I am returning my wii
smile.gif
If it got a modchip but still work perfectly... I would accept.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all