Please recommend me a cart

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by diehardfan, Jan 4, 2007.

Jan 4, 2007
  1. diehardfan
    OP

Newcomer diehardfan Member

Canada
    Its been a while since I have kept track of flash carts, last was when SuperCard Lite was released. I know alot have changes since then.

Now, I am looking for flash cart for a friend of mine who is not very tech savvy. The criteria would be:
    -I really do not card if its slot 1 or slot 2, just ease of use (drag and drop)
    -Preferably with PDA functions
    -Plays movies
    -Preferably with Web-browsing capabilities
    -its a Pink DS Lite, so....

-do not need MP3 player

Thank you for your time.

2. Propionation

Newcomer Propionation Advanced Member

United States
    To have all those functions I would recommend you buy a $45 M3 Simply and a $60 Supercard lite. Plus two 1GB micro sd cards

3. Verocity

Member Verocity Ö!

United States
    Well to do web browsing your going to need a slot 1 device and a slot 2 device, or you could just buy a slot 1 device and buy the real opera browser. If they want to play GBA games then you want a slot 2 device, if you want to play just NDS games with drag and drop support then the slot 1 devices are for you.

4. diehardfan
    OP

Canada
    thx for the short and to the point reply. I think your reply pretty much just covered everything I missed during my absence. I thought Slot 1 could do everything slot 2 solution could but I am wrong. For PDA functions, can slot 1 handle it?

When is M3 Simply suppose to be released in Canada?

Thanks

5. Propionation

Newcomer Propionation Advanced Member

United States
    M3 Simply and R4 don't support DS Organize and don't have PDA functionality. You can buy them at Kicktrading.cn

6. kiruyama

Newcomer kiruyama Advanced Member

United States
    For PDA functionality, the only slot one card I know of that supports DSorganize is the SupercardDS One (Don't know of the ds-x, but that thing is too pricey, especially if you're going to buy a slot-2 to compliment it with web-browsing) but it requires ROM patching so I guess that defeats one of your criteria. Really, an R4/M3 Simply with an SC lite is the best way of gaining all the functionality you're looking for, with the easiest uses, and there are Pink SC lite shells, so yeah.

7. diehardfan
    OP

Canada
    can slot 1 play movies? is this with some lag or smooth?
    thx