Hacking "Please Insert Disk" problem

Chockbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got my G6Lite sigh and can't get it to work.
cry.gif

When I put the USB Disk Burner in, Removable Disk I: pops up so I assume that's the drive for it. But when I try to access it to update it, I always get Please "Insert a Disk into Drive I:" I tried both my USB plugs but it doesn't work, really frustrated am I doing something wrong!? I installed the U-disk manager software, the latest one (4.7 I think) and that seems to work fine but I cant' click the option to write GBA games on it. I dont know if that has got anything to do with it I just thought I'd add it. Apparently some blue light is supposed to flash as well on it? It's totally blank have I got a faulty one!!!!?
So frustrated, someone please help!

Chockbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What OS are you using?

Are you plugging the USB thingy into the computer before you plug the G6 into the USB thingy? If so, don't.

Does the G6 work in the DS?

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition, the GS Lite cart doesn't work with the DS, doesn't even recognize it, and no I insert the g6lite into the USB thing before plugging it into the computer. I'm really worried I might have a faulty I don't know. :'(

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doesn't work with the DS, doesn't even recognize it
Try cleaning the contacts on the G6. If it still doesn't work, open it up and see if you can reposition the PCB in the shell. If it still doesn't work, it's probably dead. The only other things I know of that you can do to fix a G6 Lite require it to at least be recognized by the DS or the PC.

Thoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem, except it can be read by my DS, and all my games and saves work fine. It's read by the USB on the PC, cause the blue light comes on, but it says "Please insert a disk into drive M" instead of "G6 LITE" which is what I named it last time i formatted it. I've tried it on 4 different PC's AND a Mac OSX, so i dont know wtf to do. Modmyds will be out of stock for another week or two...Damn it, i want to edit my Pokemon saves and play Osu Tatekai Oendan 2...

stressmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You might have the G6 Lite on the wrong way in the reader. Try facing the sticker away from the reader. Also, try pushing it slightly in as sometimes the connectors dont always touch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass