please i have a hacking request for a wii disk

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by markehmus, Aug 14, 2009.

Aug 14, 2009
  1. markehmus
    OP

Member markehmus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    im not holdin my breath on this 1 but

i would love to remove the update partition with wiiscrubber and inject waninkoko's 4.1u updater in its place.
    i was hoping to do this to SSBB and have it instal bootmii as well (if possible but not as important to mii).

can some 1 please direct mii ?,please, as this is only an idea, [​IMG] i have no coding skills [​IMG]

thanx in advance for your time and effort! [​IMG]

: PlayHard,ModSoft:

2. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    You dont need to hack the DVD, just install Preloader(there are plenty of guides) and then you can turn off the disc update check in preloader settings.

Thus will disable the function to upgrade when a game is requesting it and you´re fine.

EDIT: There are many tutorials for installing BootMii too, which you should definatly install when using Homebrew.

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    What would be the use of such a disc? It would only work if the system has a modchip + trucha in the relevant IOS or if cioscorp is installed.

4. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    correct, in any situation where it would be useful, it would be unusable. nice to see you around markehmus

5. markehmus
    OP

Canada
    thanx godlike,
    bootmii was installed on bootmii launch on my wii,
    and that stuff about preloader settings are easy for me,(sorry and preloader is actualy off topic) wiiscrubber is an old friend.(noobwarrior knows i can wiiscrubber)
    but thanx for your time.

noobwarrior ... its always great to hear from you, godspeed .
    (if you can help please PM me anywhere, i know you know more then you let us know you do)

WiiPower !
    wow , i'd love your advice.

back to my request.

im not a soft modder normaly, i have purchased many Wii' in the last few years

i have helped (for free,to my girlfriends dismay) to get homebrew running on alot of wii'
    (since PS1 and stealth chip)
    i have soldered many things to many consoles...lights,harddrive xtenders, buzzers, cables, even the stupid power cable on my snes pulled out, casemods,controlermods...
    ...but n e way....if you all need an xplanation before you help me,(its small price to pay)

i am more then happy to tell you my theory.

people dont update thier wii's
    because they are scared to loose the trucha bug or dont know what they are doing
    (yeah even with a million how toos floating)

i assist alot of real life people who just have a usbloader channel
    (to back up games from their kids touching them)
    they have computers, but are farmers and they dont have interent and dont pirate,
    but believe homebrew when used properly is a great aid.
    they never use their HBC and have no apps on their SD and who now cannot play games without updating.
    ***to some people' i have secretly added preloader and disk channel loading
    to their wii' incase of chip failure (...sneaky huh) or incase they change their mind about copying thier own disks.

so if i get their 3.1u (softmod,chipped or whatnot) and they ask me to update it, or wanna update it themselves since they never brought their wii over and live 2hrs away
    (or if i Modchip another wii... as i always seem to be buying another 12$ soldering iron for guys who cant believe they "nevr got thier wii done b4" and are on 3.1 or some silly #.)

or if i decide to update/downgrade 1 of my many personal wii'
    (i waited in line on launchdate and so did a few of my immediate family so we have 3 launch date wii' only1 and on 4.1u) ,

i can just throw in the:

brawl+ disk with update 4.1u waninkoko,or Brawl+ Bootmii, or brawl+ disk with downgrader 1.2 waninkoko (basicly game + hacked feature in update spot and workin)

and [​IMG] BAM (room shakes) there it is in the disk channel waiting to update,downgrade ,install bootmii (...i think preloader is only good for crazy intro)

bootmii is new compared to alot of wii' i modded.
    (even some people have come back to me asking for me to install preloader because it was that long ago preloader wasnt the norm.)
    bootmii is not something i installed on any wii but my own. so many will want it too.

so i would love to remove the update partition with wiiscrubber and inject waninkoko's 4.1u updater in its place.
    or iosdowngrader 1.2 or bootmii (or whatevr possible that you can teach me)
    please if you know how to make the 4.1updater show in the disk channel as an update , i would be very pleased.

i could then burn disks with the 4.1 waninkoko update and just pass'em over,
    or use'm myself without looking for this and that as when my SD cards :
    are always changing mods, saves and testing new stuff.. and recently just failing to be seen by PC or Wii (but i have more SD's..no worries)

basicly:
    can i rename the 4.1 waninkoko .dol and add it to update partition and be safe? can i use elf to dol files and have them work properly from the update partition?
    thanx for your time and efforts. would i need to add a wad?

: PlayHard,ModSoft:

(save yourself money and save me soldering irons...also means for mod's to be nice moderating since we are all here to play hard, not that ive had trouble but i hear stories)

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    What's the benefit of such a disc or a prepared sd card with all the stuff? If you want an all-one-updater you need to write that anyways, and when you have it, you can just run it from sd card.

7. markehmus
    OP

Canada
    well i guess no 1 knows or wants to help so...ill just go play!

so, when i am hungry for a hotdog, and i go to 7-11 for said hotdog, and the teller asks me :

[​IMG] 'why are you so dumb?, you can have a burger!, whats the point of getting a hot dog?' [​IMG]

im supposed to get a burger???? [​IMG]
    !!whatever i still get the hotdog!!

seems you dont know or you dont understand so you dont feel like helping....whatever ill figure somethin out

[​IMG] !!!i dont need sarcasm, or help from some1 who doesnt actualy read the question!!! [​IMG]

like i said
    thanx n e way, but you shoulda just ignored me and the topic, you lost face, in my book

8. pspmte

Member pspmte GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Could be an idea if your mate or family have unlocked wiis at say 3.2

We could extract the update wads swap them out with cioscorps say and a bunch of wads usb loader ect
    Switch preloader auto blocker off and update

Im going to try this with flatmii save on discs

9. markehmus
    OP

Canada
    great idea better then what i was planning

thanx for the response ... it makes sence.

no flatmii here

but i will try extrating my 4.1u wads to sd and injecting onto a disk,
    thanx for the ideas. wow thant opened a few doors and a few more idea.

: playhard,modsoft:

10. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I can see the merit in this idea, but I don't know enough to be able to do it.

11. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Get a copy of Universal Unbrick Disk V2. Check the readme, then look at the image with WiiScrubber to see what they did to modify the pink fish disc. Try using Wii Partition Builder [included w/WiiScrubber] to make a new update partition with the main.dol from Waninkoko's updater [instead of the wiibrator.dol [​IMG] ]. Replace the disc's Partition 0 with the new one you just built.

Adding the wad data to the image may or may not work, depending on whether Waninkoko's app knows to look there. Good luck.

Then cross your fingers and hope that you have a recent BootMii backup if it goes sour. [​IMG]

12. markehmus
    OP

Canada
    thanx i will look into that too.

13. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    did you get bored playing with the bbcode?

14. markehmus
    OP

Canada
    yeah my 1st real attempts were this week.

[​IMG] ohhh, you noticed [​IMG] .....
    ..thought it might help bring some attention

[​IMG] its kinda neat but yeah gets old fast, could come in handy for tutorials and such.[​IMG]

but thought i would check out how it worx,since i never was intrested in BBcode and smilies
    just i took some time to learn it real quik

i wanna get this disk together, its more fun to play with,,,, then the BBcode.

[​IMG] got any advice? > than the advice i've recieved ? [​IMG] me

im real old but love to learn.

: playhard,modsoft: