Hacking Please helpme to understand some simple things!

dekuleon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys. I askme somethings and I can't find the complete answer, could you helpme?

So:

I installed the IOS236 on my Wii 4.3 (not the second 4.3) and I used Wad Manager and istalled some Nintendo 64 games on it.

Just for curiosity, where's does the Wii install the WiiWare/Virtual Console download from Nintendo Shop Channel?

If I update my Wii in the future, will those games be removed? Will IOS236 and everyelse Custom/Patched IOS be removed? The Wii will be like a never hacked wii?

Can I tranfer those Virtual Console games that I installed on IOS236 to an SD CARD? Is there an app that we can install one WAD/Virtual Console game directly to an SD card from the PC? Why not? Won't it be easyer than hacking the wii to install wads?

With 4.3 is IOS249 dead? Now we can install it in the IOS236 slot? Why people name those IOS this way? It's confusing, like, Install IOS249 on IOS236 slot. It's strange if u understandme.

Thanks in advance friends!!

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
Legit games purchase from the wii shop gate save on the wii nand not on the cIOS if you update in the future all mods will be removed except items that you have gotten from nintendo legitimately. if you install wiiware and vc games from wads that werent purchased from nintendo they will be removed. The best thing to do is if a new update comes out dont install it to keep your mods, until a fix has been found. also install priiloader to avoid accidentally updating.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should have bootmii (boot2) and/or Priiloader installed. Because installing VC/Wiiware in WAD form can sometimes result banner brick. If you don't have either then it will be difficult to fix it should you run across them.

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing wads was pretty much the reason people started installing preloader (priiloader now) and bootmii in the first place. If you get one with a corrupt banner, you'll banner brick.

dekuleon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well my Wii doesn't allow for boot2 replacements.

Do you still recomend the instalation of BootMii and/or priiloader?

Which one?

And if someone could reply the other questions I'll be very thankfull.
smile.gif

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even if you can't install bootmii into boot2, it is still recommended to get one installed in IOS254. Make a NAND backup from it.

After that install Priiloader 0.4.

dekuleon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thankyou!

I've installed Bootmii from hackmii and i did a complete backup.

After that I've installed Priiloader on IOS236.

Running the last version of HBC and BootMii and Priiloader 0.4, so I can only boot HBC by Load Title.

Now I fell safe...
toot.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.