please help

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Twiggy12, Sep 25, 2008.

Sep 25, 2008

please help by Twiggy12 at 8:19 AM (763 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Twiggy12
    OP

Member Twiggy12 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    how do i add pictured to posts? i know the insert image button but that makes me get a url so how do i get a picture on my computer to go into a topic PLEASE HELP...i cant even get a sig or avatar to work.... [​IMG]

2. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Never fear, Ace is here!

1) Inserting an image into a post. When putting an image into a post hit this button: [​IMG]. A box will pop up and you can insert the link into the field it provides and click OK. Alternatively you can put the following tags at the beginning and end of your image link:

Code:
    [img] Image link here [/img]
    2) Avatars. Step 1: To use a specific image as an avatar first upload the image to the internet using a site such a imageshack, tinypic, or GBAtemp's own picture uploading service located here.

Step 2: Next go to "My Controls" located near the top of the forum under the banner. From there you'll see a page with a menu to the lefthand side.

Step 3: Locate and click on "Edit Avatar Settings". Once there put the link to your newly uploaded image in the field provided. Be sure to specify the Width and Height or else the size may be skewed. Then click "Update Avatar" and your avatar will now be shown.

3) Signatures. Step 1: Follow the same directions provided for Avatars Step 1.

Step 2: Follow the same directions provided for Avatars Step 2.

Step 3: Locate and click on "Edit Signature". Once there do the same thing specified in part 1) Inserting an image into a post in the field provided. Then click "Update my Signature" and your signature will now be shown.

Additional Notes: Keep in mind the file size limit for an avatar is 25Kb, and the maximum combined file size for all graphics in a signature is 50Kb. Also, the dimension limit is 400x100 for signatures.

3. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    Only cool people like Ace Gunman italicize their image URLs.

4. Ace Gunman

Canada
    *Edits his post* Forgot I had that in a code box, so much for trying to differentiate with italics. [​IMG]

5. Twiggy12
    OP

Australia
    thanks man im gona try this now (hope it works)
    IM NOT AUTHORISED TO USE UPLOADING SERVICE!!!! [​IMG]

6. Ace Gunman

Canada
    I was worried that might be the case. I couldn't remember the post level permissions for said service, which is why I pointed it out last. Try using one of the other two sites I mentioned instead. [​IMG]

7. Twiggy12
    OP

Australia
    i did i used imageshak and i used the url yet it still didnt work....im using firefoz is that a problem?

8. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Ignore the red text on the screenshot, that's just Imageshack being a jerk.