Please Help with SSBB!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ArvinaLove, Mar 12, 2008.

Mar 12, 2008

Please Help with SSBB! by ArvinaLove at 4:27 PM (1,910 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ArvinaLove
    OP

Member ArvinaLove GBAtemp Regular

United States
    so i just downloaded the emcubed version of SSBB and burnt THREE copies using imgburn and Nero using Fujijfilm 2.4x DVD+R DLs. Using Wiikey 1.9g Beta on NTSC (U) Wii.

First Burn:
    Program: Nero
    Speed: 2.4x
    Burn: Perfect
    Wii error: I put it in my wii and get error #001 "Unauthorized device detected."

Second Burn:
    Program: Imgburn 2.4 (Using the manual layerbreak input)
    Wii error: I put it in my wii and starts to load. I get past the screen where it tels you to tighten the wiistrap and i create a save file. Then the game says loading in the corner with the SSBB logo beside it and then i get a white screen.

Third Burn:
    Program: Imgburn 2.4 (Without manual layerbreak input)
    Wii error: Same problem as the second burn EXCEPT that the white screen now has olive green text on it saying: "The Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii operations manual for more information."

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    i'm using the same discs, same speed, with imgburn and sony dru800a

1 suggestion is to insert the game when you are in the disc channel. not when the wii is off. i have seen errors this way. if you wait until you are in the disc channel, then insert disc it MAY help.

could be a bad batch (spindle) could be the burner needs a firmware update.

good luck

3. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Try another disc burning drive - yours is probably one of the earlier/cheaper DVD DL compatible drives.
    Also, trying different speeds couldn't hurt.

Alternatively - buy the game. It's not much more expensive than a bunch of DVD-R DLs and the developers actually get paid for their work.

4. gjac1

Member gjac1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    It sounds like your Wii's laser isnt calibrated for running DL media which is the case with most peoples Wii , unless you want to open your Wii and edit the pot settings on your laser the only other possibility i can think of for you is paying it off a DVD5 with the new method posted here :

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78029

Make sure you read through it as many people with the same problems your having have had the same questions answered and you may find another alternate method to fixing your problems

5. ArvinaLove
    OP

United States
    Thank you very much. I will definitely consider your suggestions and tell you if i have succes! [​IMG]

6. personperson

Newcomer personperson Member

I have the same problem as with your third burn. I've tried both with and without manual layer break and get the same results and I am using the same discs as you. I remember that with the japanese release, the DVD5 single layered one worked perfectly. Then when I got the DVD9 dual layer release, after I re-did the 15% trick with the new DL release, the DVD5 would keep getting the same "cannot read disc" errors. But the DL Jap release worked perfectly on my wii. Now with the DL US release I am getting problems. Any ideas? My Jap DL one still does work properly.

7. ArvinaLove
    OP

United States
    i guess im not the only one... by the way does it matter if u use emcubed or wiizard?

8. personperson

Newcomer personperson Member

Well I used the wiizard release, but I don't think it would really matter.

9. ArvinaLove
    OP

United States
    I did a few more tries and this is the only error I am getting now: I put it in my wii and starts to load. I get past the screen where it tels you to tighten the wiistrap and i create a save file. Then the game says loading in the corner with the SSBB logo beside it and then i get a white screen and olive green text on it saying: "The Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii operations manual for more information."

Does this mean my Wii cant read DL discs?