Hacking Please help with R4i. I can't save my games!

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see title. I"m new to the boards so hi everyone, i've been browsing around for the last couple of days, but i have a prob and wanted help. what do i do?

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
metal01 said:
see title. I"m new to the boards so hi everyone, i've been browsing around for the last couple of days, but i have a prob and wanted help. what do i do?

Welcome to GBAtemp.net! And your topic is in the wrong section.

Anyway, did you use a real time save function or it's own NDS game's saves?

Please click here to read the rules and don't create a topic in wrong section!
mad.gif

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly i didn't know what section this goes in, i just picked what sounded right so sorry. i used the save on the game i've never heard of real time saving.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First could you tell us which R4i you have, because there are very many sorts of R4i and with different types come different problems and different solutions.

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm i recommend you backup your games, and then formatting the micro sd. I'm guessing your games wont save because your file system of the micro sd is messed up. Just simply right click on the micro sd on your pc, and press format. Hope it helps
wink.gif

Posts merged

Hmmm i recommend you backup your games, and then formatting the micro sd. I'm guessing your games wont save because your file system of the micro sd is messed up. Just simply right click on the micro sd on your pc, and press format. Hope it helps
wink.gif

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my box on the cover says R4i SDHC, revolution for dsi.

I have formatted and installed the software several times i was incredibly excited about this thing when getting it now i'm just pissed.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Play a game then turn off. Check on your computer if there is a .sav file created with the name of the game.

Also, microsd cards do not lock, so I don't know what that other guy is smoking.

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I download the files from www.R4I-SDHC.COM still the same thing. I appreciate the help you guys are giving its great.

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks for all your help i fixed it the guy who gave me the r4i put bad game files on it, the ones i put on myself just now work fine so i've replaced them. thank you.

I do however have one other thing i would like to no more about.

How do I cheat on the R4i. I know you put certain files in certain folders but i don't have the _system_ folder.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
for that one there is not a _system_ folder, or at least not called that, u have to put ur user cheats in the r4imenu folder.

and as for your saves, u must put them as well as the roms in the root of the card.
and just putting saves on the card and have them to play normally wont work as the save files that the r4i makes and reads from are 1 mb a piece, and theres no known converter for them...

any more info on it, just ask and ill try to help solve it.

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright just so i know i can't just drag and rop a rom and play a game and save i have to put those somewhere in a folder not just floating around?

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no, just put the rom on the root of the sd or sdhc card, because the r4i will not recognize them if theyre not.

heres and illustration... well the best i can think of:

(root or main folder): all nds roms, game saves will be created and resaved there automatically as well as, R4imenu folder (contents inside), and moonshl2 folder (contents inside)

heres a video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8y4Mx-E_Pw

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
antonkan said:
Oh, the NDS games saves? Try re-download a game again for to try how the game saves works.

P.S. Your post is at second and third post in this topic, you double post!
tongue.gif

Thanks mod...oh wait, you aren't a mod.

Most of your posts are absolute junk and consist of you berating someone for a simple mistake. Maybe it's about time someone started pointing out your flaws.

As someone else pointed out during one of your unearned power trips, if a post offends you, use the report button. Why did I bother to post this without following my own advice?

I wanted you to see how needlessly overbearing you are especially towards our newer members. Let the mods moderate and you mind your own business.

BTW, just in case you think I'm a hypocrite, I've reported both of your posts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality