please help with backup launcher

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by kevkoonce, Jul 7, 2009.

Jul 7, 2009
  1. kevkoonce
    OP

Newcomer kevkoonce Newbie

United States
    new to trying to play backup games. I have installed homebrew channel and works fine. Tried to install backup launcher and was unable to install cIOS installer 249. It tries to connect to the internet and then comes up with an error. I do not have wiresless modem do I need it to conect to the internet. I have version 3.1 I am not sure but I think I need to install this before backup launcher. When

2. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    you need to find a IOS 38 wad and do a wad installation with revision 13. check some of the sticky threads for more detail.

3. kevkoonce
    OP

Newcomer kevkoonce Newbie

United States
    what is a wad should I just get a different backup laucher or are all of them going to need this wad not sure what a wad is

4. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    This is for Cios Rev12.Its the one i currently use and havent had any issues with it.

google

IOS38-64-3610.wad

Put that wad on the root of your sd card and put the ciosRev12 boot.dol in its own folder inside the apps folder you can name it whatever you want but ciosrev12installer would do just fine.

If you dont have ciosRev12 installer either then google it as well.
    Sometimes the wad file will come with the download of the ciosrev12 installer but not always.

When you run the app select wad installation.